- 91-93 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The 2018 Capbern is composed of 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot and 1% Petit Verdot and comes in at 14.6% alcohol. It's anticipated to age for 16 months in barriques, 60% new. Deep purple-black in color, it leaps from the glass with vibrant scents of black raspberries, kirsch and fresh blackcurrants with nuances of cedar chest, pencil lead and forest floor plus a waft of lavender. Full-bodied, rich and packed with juicy fruit, it has a firm line of grainy tannins and loads of freshness, finishing with an herbal lift."
- 92-94 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Barrel Sample. This spicy wine is rich in a black currant flavor, yet balanced by bright acidity. It's a fine wine that will develop well."
- 90-92 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2018 Capbern is expressive, nuanced and inviting, with lovely upfront fruit. In 2018, Capbern is a bit compact and tightly wound, but it also has a good deal of persistence. The Cabernet is quite marked in the 2018, which is not a bad thing, it just means the wine is going to need time to be at its best. What really stands out, though, is the push and pull between the bright aromatics that this cool, clay-rich soil helped give in 2018, and the ripe, radiant fruit of the warm summer. That interplay makes for an absolutely compelling wine. Red cherry fruit, mint, dried flowers, cedar and tobacco add aromatic nuance to this highly expressive, vibrant Saint-Estèphe. The blend is 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot and 1% Petit Verdot. Tasted two times."
- 92 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "A tasty, extremely appetising Capbern that, after tasting, makes you you already look forward to drinking in bottle. It has a real elegance to its black fruits, and the tannins have a softness and succulence to them, leading on to a mouthwatering finish. Harvest took place between 19 September and 8 October, around one week earlier than in a classic year according to Laurent Dufau, and yielding 37hl/ha. 3.7pH. 60% new oak. Drinking Window 2024 – 2036"
- 17 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, Julia Harding: "62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot, 1% Petit Verdot. pH 3.75, 60% new oak. Barrel sample.
Deepest purple. Dark and stony, lovely slaty nose. Firm, chalky, dense and still with lovely freshness. Not the same richness as the 2009 but with great purity and definition. More serious, less seduction. Long and great structure. So pure in its dark cassis fruit. Cool with a touch of liquorice on the finish."
- 17 Punkte Rene Gabriels BORDEAUX TOTAL, Andre Kunz: "Kunz Fassprobe 19: (62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot, 1% Petit Verdot, 41 hl/ha, 14.6% vol. Alkohol) Frisches, seidenes, süsses Bouquet, Kirschen, Zwetschgen, Tabak. Fein kerniger, duftiger Gaumen mit feiner, süsser Frucht, feinsandigem Tannin, kräftiger Aromatik, bourgeoiser Struktur, langer, herber Abgang."
- 94 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2018 Château Capbern checks in as a Cabernet Sauvignon-dominated blend that includes 37% Merlot and 1% Petit Verdot, all of which was brought up in 60% new barrels. It has a deep, dark, earthy, classic Saint-Estèphe bouquet that gives up lots of cassis and almost blue fruits as well as ample chocolate, damp earth, and leafy herb-like aromas and flavors. With a full-bodied, rich, opulent mouthfeel, loads of sumptuous dark fruits, sweet tannins, and a great finish, this brilliant 2018 brings lots of fruit and opulence, yet stays weightless and balanced, with solid underlying structure. A hidden gem in the vintage, this is every bit as good as the 2016, and it's going to shine for two decades or more."
- 92 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "A juicy and savory red with currant, walnut, mushroom and cedar aromas that follow through to a medium body with firm tannins and a savory finish. Drink after 2023."
|Wine Enthusiast:||93 WE|
|James Suckling:||92 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||92 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||94 JD|
|Jancis Robinson:||17,0 JR|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||13|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Capbern Gasqueton über Chateau Calon Segur, Domaine de Calon, F-33180 Saint-Estèphe, +33 5 56 59 30 08, www.calon-segur.fr|
In der aktuellen Sprache gibt es keine Bewertungen.