- Christian Göldenboog & Oliver Rüther im wunderbaren Buch ?Die Champagner Macher?: ?Bei Hebrarts Champagner komm stets Freude auf, so als hätte die Horn-Section von Earth, Wind & Fire gerade zum Blasen angesetzt, beim Blanc de Blancs ebenso wie beim Brut Selection, bei dem zwei Drittel blaue Tauben für den Biss sorgen."
- 92 Punkte Robert Parker's WINE ADVOCATE (11/2013), David Schildknecht: "A 65-35 Pinot-Chardonnay split dominated by 2008 with 20% combined from 2007 and 2006, Hebrart's NV Brut Selection is intensely herbal in a positive way, redolent of cilantro, mint and eucalyptus that convey a cooling and cleansing aura to its texturally polished palate. Chew of apple skin and piquant tang of pear skin engender invigoration, while lobster shell reduction supplies mouthwateringly sweet savor and sense of richness in a persistently juicy, chalk-kissed finish. This outstanding value (by Champagne standards) is sure to be worth following for several more years.
Feel free either to take it from me or to contradict me, but ever since, a half dozen years ago, I began experiencing (albeit sporadically) the wines of Jean-Paul Hebrart ? who has run his family?s domaine for 15 years, but whom I haven?t personally met ? it has struck me that the praise generally accorded them is too faint to do justice to Champagnes exhibiting perhaps so much sheer deliciousness that commentators simply overlook their profundity or forget how hard it is to achieve, vintage after vintage, such consistent clarity not to mention excellence. (And most of wines here that aren?t labeled with vintages are still each dominated by a single one). Hebrart?s vines grow in Chouilly, neighboring Oiry, and Mareuil-sur-Ay. Malo-lactic transformation is routine at this address and selected cuvees see small barrel, neither of which practices here preclude wines of utmost transparency to nuance, or ones that ever forget their first duty to refresh."
- 91 Punkte WINESPECTATOR (10/2015): "Lightly toasty and creamy in texture, this compact Champagne offers rich hints of pastry and crushed almond, enlivened by mouthwatering acidity and flavors of apricot, lemon pith and orchard blossom, with a minerally finish. Disgorged May 2014. Drink now through 2020."
- 92 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni (11/2014): "Pinot Noir takes the leading role in the NV Brut Sélection. Ample, expressive and resonant in the glass, the Sélection is a wine of texture. Layers of fruit build in an arrestingly beautiful, vivid Champagne to drink now and over the next decade. The Sélection is 65% Pinot Noir and 35% Chardonnay based on 2009, with 28% reserve wines from 2008 and 2007. Disgorged April 2014. Dosage is 7.6 grams per liter. 2014-2021."
- 90 Punkte VINOUS, Josh Raynolds (1/2015): " (65% Pinot Noir and 35% Chardonnay, with 7.6 g/l dosage; disgorged in April, 2014): Light, limpid gold. Ripe pear, peach pit, honey and buttered toast on the deeply perfumed nose and in the mouth. In a plush, weighty style, with good back end thrust and subtle smoke and anise nuances emerging on the back half. Closes on a chewy note, with lingering spiciness and a touch of bitter quinine."
- *(*) Champagner Spezialist PETER LIEM: "Most of this is pinot noir from 40- to 55-year-old vines in Mareuil, while the 30 percent of chardonnay in the blend is half Mareuil and half from Oiry and Chouilly. It?s 85 percent 2012, with 15 percent of reserve wine from 2010, and the concentration of the 2012 vintage is evident, making the wine feel big and bold while retaining the elegant poise and refined build typical of Hébrart?s champagnes. It finishes with finesse and length, and it promises to develop more complexity with further aging in the cellar. Last tasted: 3/17"
"Hébrart?s wines have a broad appeal: if you like to think about your wines, they?re intellectually engaging enough to satisfy you; on the other hand, if you?re just looking to drink, they?re simply delicious. The wines are full and generous without being weighty, complex and soil-driven without being demanding. Overall, the entire range is of consistently high quality, and Hébrart is quickly becoming one of the finest grower estates in the Grande Vallée. Happily, his wines also represent excellent value for the money, at least for the moment."
- 92 Punkte WINE & SPIRITS (2015)
- 92 Punkte TYSON STELZER: "For its age, pinot noir predominance and depth of reserves, the hue is an impressive pale straw. The body, depth and poise of Mareuil shine in a style of red apple and strawberry fruit, supported by the ine texture and subtle almond-meal notes of long lees age. Fine acid line and soft minerality define a long finish of well-integrated dosage. A triumph for 2011 and great value."
- 90 Punkte und unter den TOP Champagnern beim "Champagne panel tasting: Bottles to look for under £40" DECANTER: "A good all-round style with some complexity of yeasty, bready notes, in combination with a satisfying freshness and nicely integrated yet persistent bubbles."
- 92 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, William Kelley (4/2019): "Disgorged in April 2018, the latest release of Hébrart's NV Brut Premier Cru Sélection wafts from the glass with an inviting bouquet of honeyed pears, quince, white flowers and gingerbread, followed by a medium to full-bodied, broad and charming palate with a fleshy, succulent core of fruit, a delicate mousse and an expansive, mouthwatering finish. It's a charming, open-knit wine with sneaky depth and persistence that exemplifies the estate's style."
- 92 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, William Kelley: "The latest rendition of Hébrart's NV Brut Premier Cru Sélection, disgorged earlier this year, is derived largely from Mareuil-sur-Ay, supplemented by some 13% from Chouilly. Offering up aromas of citrus oil, white flowers and fresh pastry, it's medium to full-bodied, with good concentration and structure in a charming format, concluding with an elegantly chalky finish."
|Parker Wine Advocate:||92 RPWA|
|Produkt:||Champagner, Sekt & Co|
|Peter Liem:||*(*) PL|
|Rebsorte(n):||Chardonnay Pinot Noir|
|Reben:||70% Mareuil-Sur-Ay Vieilles Vignes und 30% Chardonnay (Oiry-Chouilly) davon 25% Reserve|
|% vol Alk:||12,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Champagne Hebrart, 18 Rue du Pont, F-51160 Mareuil-sur-Ay|