615 6er Kisten erzeugt
- 94 Punkte GREG SHERWOOD MW
- 93 Punkte TIM ATKIN
- 91 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: „Sliced pears, apples, wet stones and pastries on the nose. Medium-bodied, bright and clean, with savory, flinty elements underlining the fresh fruit. Drink now.“
Bewertungen für ältere Jahrgänge:
- CHARDONNAY FORUM (6. 2. 2023): „An elegant wine that reflects roundness and a crisp acidity with subtle defining notes of white pear and lemon toast. Reflective of site, this cool climate medium bodied wine is both silky and fresh with an elegant long finish.
The 2022 growing season had a fair amount of rain falling before the grapes started to ripen. This did not have a negative effect as the natural irrigation helped to reduce stress levels on the vines, allowing them to function optimally during the ripening period. The accumulation of cold units in the early winter was fantastic for breaking dormancy. Winter rainfall was lower than in the previous season but still sufficient to replenish soil profiles. The vineyards had even budburst and the initial growth was also even, mainly due to higher than normal maximum and minimum temperatures during September.
Grape quality was very favourable, leading to an exceptional vintage.“
- JoS (März 2022): „Mittleres Strohgelb, strahlend; angenehmer, eleganter, eher ruhiger Duft mit Aromen von Zitrusfrüchten, weißen Blüten, sanft geröstete Mandeln, mit Luft kommen immer mehr gelbe Früchte zum Vorschein, Orangenschale, rosa Grapefruit, Kumquat, reife Birne, nicht ganz reife Ananas; am Gaumen kraftvoll, mit frischer Säure, sehr mundwässernd, intensiv, engmaschig, sehr präzise, auch mineralisch-salzig, dezent cremig und eher mittelgewichtig, komplex, interessant und sehr lang, frischer und sehr angenehmer Rückgeschmack. Spannend! Profitiert sehr von Luft, daher unbedingt Dekantieren. Zalto Burgunderglas.“
- 92 Punkte GREG SHERWOOD: “Berene Sauls is a testament to hard work, belief, faith, and a simmering vision for greatness. I feel so utterly privileged to be one of the wine trade professionals who tasted her early vintages and identified her passion and vision.
But making a top Pinot Noir was never going to be enough for her so roll on the challenge of making a premium Chardonnay. The maiden 2019 was pretty impressive with its steely tension and crystalline purity. But of course it’s always the second release, the second album, that is always the hardest challenge. I recently tasted the second release from Berene and was suitably impressed!
Tesselaarsdal Chardonnay 2020, WO Hemel en Aarde Ridge:
This is another accomplished Chardonnay from Tesselaarsdal that boasts a breath and depth of textural opulence making the maiden 2019 vintage look more like a chiselled Premier Cru Chablis in comparison. The 2020 nose boasts classic notes of spicy yellow citrus, green honeydew melon, white peach and a bold limestone mineral vein. The wine coats your mouth with a fine glycerol weight and delicious mouth-watering green apple pastille notes enlivened with pronounced tangy acids. Seamless and harmonious, Berene Sauls has created another attractive expression of premium Chardonnay that is ready to drink on release.“
- OWEN BARGREEN: „I love top South African produces that show great terroir. For years I have admired the wines of Tesselaarsdal. The winery was founded by longtime Hamilton Russell employee Berene Sauls. Sauls initially joined Hamilton Russell Vineyards in February 2001 as an au pair at the age of 19. She soon moved to an administrative position and quickly got involved in the much more complicated administration linked to wine exports: labeling as well as the warehousing of the estate’s winesShe named her winery after a historic Overberg farming hamlet of Tesselaarsdal, located near the Hemel-en-Aade Ridge wine appellation.
Berene employs a reductive approach to her Chardonnay that makes it rich and viscous, yet very bright. She employs Hamilton Russell winemaker Emul Ross to make her wines and grape purchases are secured with Babylon Vineyards. The new 2020 Tesselaarsdal Chardonnay (OB, 93) is a dream to enjoy right now with a long finish and bright acidity.
2020 Tesselaarsdal Chardonnay- Shining brightly, this 2020 Chardonnay has intense acidity with crisp Gala apple, wet stone, white peach and shades of vanilla cream on the palate. Wait for the very long finish with minerals and cream. Beautifully textured and full-bodied, with some serious heft, this outstanding new Chardonnay will cellar well over the next fifteen years.
- VINOUS, Neal Martin (4/2021): „The 2020 Chardonnay Tesselaarsdal includes partial whole bunch, fermented in amphorae. The lovely nose of almond, marzipan, dried honey and chamomile is beautifully defined. The palate is very well balanced, with a fine bead of acidity, and citrus fresh, offering orange peel and light chai tea notes toward the finish. Very fine.“
- 93 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin (11/2021): „The 2020 Chardonnay has a wonderful bouquet, quite backward at first but revealing apple blossom, citrus fruit and touches of nectarine. The palate is beautifully balanced with a fine bead of acidity, orange peel and yellow plum flavors, and touches of ginger toward the finish, which displays superb depth. Tesselaardal, founded by Berene Sauls in 2015, can add another wine to their list of classy Chardonnays.“
- 90+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Anthony Mueller für 2019: „Pale straw colored, the 2019 Chardonnay opens with aromas of lemon pastry cream, hints of marshmallow and soft baking spice essences in the glass. Medium-bodied, the wine offers flavors of beeswax, citrus blossom, yellow apple and Myer lemon on the palate along with succulent acidity and ends with a soft spiciness and lingering notions of lemon seed and cinnamon. Half of the wine spent six months in amphora and the other half in François Frères French oak. The 2019 marks the start of their newest bottling, which shows a lovely, food-driven wine that makes me crave shellfish. 3,564 bottles produced.“
- 92 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Lauren Buzzeo für 2019: „Beautifully precise aromas of orange rind, crisp yellow apple, soft toast and delicate wood spice dance on the bouquet of this lovely Chardonnay. The palate is focused and pure, with ample ripe fruit that is framed by bright, supportive acidity and a pronounced mineral impression that unfolds on the long, evolving close alongside a kiss of saline.“
- ENVOYERFINEWINES.COM: „The most impressive new Chardonnays we have tasted in this price range and highly recommended for fans of mineral-driven Chardonnay.“
|Tim Atkin MW:
|Hemel-en-aarde Ridge 100%, Un-irrigated La Vierge Vineyards; Ertrag: 6 t/ha
|77% in Amphoren, 23% in Eiche für 5 Monate
|% vol Alk:
|Notizen des Weinguts:
|An elegant wine that reflects roundness and a crisp acidity with subtle defining notes of white pear and lemon toast. Reflective of site, this cool climate medium bodied wine is both silky and fresh with an elegant long finish. The 2022 growing season had a fair amount of rain falling before the grapes started to ripen. This did not have a negative effect as the natural irrigation helped to reduce stress levels on the vines, allowing them to function optimally during the ripening period. The accumulation of cold units in the early winter was fantastic for breaking dormancy. Winter rainfall was lower than in the previous season but still sufficient to replenish soil profiles. The vineyards had even budburst and the initial growth was also even, mainly due to higher than normal maximum and minimum temperatures during September. Grape quality was very favourable, leading to an exceptional vintage.
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:
|Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.
|Schreiblehner Wein bewegt, Josef Schreiblehner, Gewerbepark Lindach B 1, 84489 Burghausen, Deutschland
|Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.
|Tesselaarsdal, Hemel-en-Aarde Valley, Hermanus Western Cape, South Africa
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.