507 6er Kisten erzeugt
- 95 Punkte WINE MAGAZINE SA, Christian Eedes
- 16,5 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: „Made by Hamilton Russell’s winemaker for Berene Sauls, who works for Hamilton Russell Vineyards and has planted a couple of hectares of Pinot on the 16.6-ha property – still very much work in progress. Fruit currently from La Vierge up the valley and probably so for the next 10 years – despite these plantings in Tesselaarsdal itself. 5 tons of grapes. 2015 was her first vintage.
Pale crimson. Sweet and charming. Crushed cherries and raspberries. Pure fruit and fun!“
Bewertungen für ältere Jahrgänge:
- JoS (März 2022): „Mittleres Rubinrot, zart aufhellender Rand, deutlicher Wasserrand; angenehmer, aromatischer Duft mit Aromen von Cranberries, rote und schwarze Kirschen, frischer Espresso, zarte Röstaromen, rote Beeren, erdige Anklänge; am Gaumen sehr fein, intensiv, feincremig, präzise, frische Säure die gut integriert ist, tolle Energie, vibrierend, sehr mineralisch, erstklassige, wunderbar eingebettete, dezent schwarzpfeffrige Tannine; mittelgewichtig und doch druckvoll, vielschichtig, finessenreich, sehr spannend, langer, mundwässernder Abgang, sehr feiner Rückgeschmack. Profitiert enorm von Luft, daher unbedingt dekantieren. Ein Klasse-Pinot!“
- 93 Punkte GREG SHERWOOD: „In a recent review of some of my top wine trends of 2020/21, I happily identified the onward rise of classic Cape Chardonnay and Pinot Noir quality. While exceptional wines made from Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah are actually now quite plentiful, Pinot Noir had hit somewhat of a glass ceiling of late with many skilful producers at a bit of a loss as to how exactly they could increase the quality, tension and intensity of the wines without compromising elegance, finesse and purity.
Thankfully, 2020 was a fruitful year for the premium Pinot Noir producers with new and old talent up and down the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley releasing some excellent examples. For Berene Sauls, her unique and inspiring journey continues unabated with her eye catching 2020 Pinot Noir release. If you are not yet acquainted with her delicious expressions from the higher altitude Hemel-en-Aarde Ridge, then her small production 2020 Pinot Noir is the perfect wine to start with.
Tesselaarsdal Pinot Noir 2020, WO Hemel-en-Aarde Ridge, 13% Abv.: Already the sixth vintage release from talented Berene Sauls, her new 2020 Pinot Noir displays an elegant mid-weighted palate texture and exhibits attractive lifted aromatics of raspberries and rose petal potpourri, orange peel, bramble berries and hints of pomegranates and blood orange. The palate is cool, sleek and texturally very polished with impressively fine-grained sappy tannins, soft harmonious acids and a layered finish boasting succulent smoky wild berry fruits, hints of stewed strawberries and exotic Christmas spices. Simply put, this is another very promising offering from Berene. Drink now and over the next 5 to 8+ years.“
- 92 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin (11/2021): „The 2020 Pinot Noir has a very attractive bouquet of brambly red berry fruit, red plums and raspberry preserve, beautifully defined and seamlessly integrated with the oak. The palate is medium-bodied, taut and fresh, with supple tannins, a fine bead of acidity and a detailed, precise, slightly savory finish. Great structure and plenty of freshness here. Superb.“
- 95 Punkte WINEMAG.CO.ZA, Christian Eedes: „Eight vintages in, Tesselaarsdal Pinot Noir, the brand owned by Hamilton Russell Vineyards employee Berene Sauls with winemaking by colleague Emul Ross, is establishing itself as something very smart indeed.
The recently released 2022 vintage is again from Hemel-en-Aarde Ridge vineyards farmed by La Vierge with maturation lasting nine and a half months in 228-litre barrels of which 33% were new. The nose shows top notes of musk and violets before red and black cherry, earth, pomegranate and spice while the palate has great fruit definition, bright acidity and fine tannins, the finish remarkably dry. With good depth of flavour but also plenty of verve, this is dead sexy. Price: R710 a bottle.“
- 90 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Anthony Mueller für 2019: „Pale ruby with a slight watery edge, the 2019 Pinot Noir offers aromas of wild strawberry with tones of tart cherry, cranberry and a soft herbal note, similar to laurel and sage. Medium-bodied and with 13% alcohol, the wine is bright with mouthwatering acidity and flavors of red cherry skin, rhubarb and subtle oak spices that present themselves along with a delicate, underlying herbaceous character. It ends with a lingering finish. The wine was raised in 228-liter French oak barrels for almost 10 months before being bottled. 3,924 bottles produced.“
- 90 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Lauren Buzzeo für 2019: „Just ripe red cherry and raspberry flavors waft from the glass of this vibrant pour, while a touch of cola spice adds depth in the background. The palate is light and fruit-forward, with pronounced acidity that yields a lively, refreshing sip that remains clean and bright through the medium-length close.“
- 92 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin für 2019: „The 2019 Pinot Noir Tesselaarsdal, which contains 10% whole bunch, has a straightforward bouquet of red cherry, raspberry and light menthol notes. The palate is well balanced with a fine bead of acidity and flavors of tart red cherry mixed with raspberry preserves, leading to a precise and very elegant finish. Excellent.“
- 92 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, Aleks Zecevic für 2018: „Silky in texture, featuring rose and velvet aromas and flavors that add to the charming pomegranate and cherry notes. Balanced and complex, with sandalwood and spice details emerging on the long, mouthwatering finish. Best from 2021 through 2028. 339 cases made.“
- GREG SHERWOOD: „Next South African Pinot noir icon.“
- DAMON QUINLAN: “Even in the short time since we first tasted it, it’s taken on a bit of weight and shows a lovely balance between power, freshness and spice. It’s a great effort…”
- JAMIE GOODE: “The palate is silky and fine with supple red cherry fruit. Such elegance, showing good structure and acidity. A brilliant debut vintage and it should age nicely, too.”
|Jancis Robinson:||16,5 JR|
|Im Weinberg:||Hemel-en-aarde Ridge 100%, Unirrigated La Vierge Vineyards; Ertrag: 6 t/ha|
|Im Weinkeller:||9,5 Monate im Holzfass (228 Liter, Französische Eiche,1st fill 33%, 2nd fill 23%, 3rd fill 23%, 4th fill 21%)|
|% vol Alk:||13,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Aluid magnum mustum. The 2022 Pinot Noir displays a true reflection of fruit from the Hemel-en-Aarde Ridge. Layers of subtle notes of red cherries and raspberries with combined hints of cloves and baking spices. We proudly release this elegant age-worthy wine. The 2022 growing season was almost a week later than usual for Pinot Noir from the vineyards of La Vierge Babylon in the Hemel-en-Aarde Ridge. The average maximum temperatures for the months leading up to, and during harvest, was almost a degree higher than the long-term average of 25°C. The ripening was slow and extended with the harvest being complete second week March. Winter saw the most rainfall since the maiden vintage of 2015, followed by a dry spring which made for even and healthy budding. This vintage delivered beautiful, pure fruit wines.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Schreiblehner Wein bewegt, Josef Schreiblehner, Gewerbepark Lindach B 1, 84489 Burghausen, Deutschland|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Tesselaarsdal, Hemel-en-Aarde Valley, Hermanus Western Cape, South Africa|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.