- Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Bottled is blended of 95.5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3.25% Petit Verdot and 0.25% Malbec. Deep purple-black colored, it has pronounced black currant pastilles, black cherry compote and red currant preserves notes with touches of dried herbs, unsmoked cigars and fallen leaves plus a waft of cedar. Medium to full-bodied, it has a firm texture of grainy tannins and oodles of freshness supporting the muscular black fruit, finishing with an herbal lift."
- 94 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Virginie Boone: "The heart of this wine comes from the Martin Stelling Vineyard around the producer's property in Oakville and it contains small amounts of Petit Verdot and Malbec. Smooth edges of tannin and oak melt away on the succulent palate, allowing layers of plum, berry and dark chocolate to impress."
- WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "A focused, streamlined version, with hints of cedar and savory along the edges, while the core of steeped black currant and blackberry fruit moves along steadily. A dark humus element underlines the finish, giving this an old-school hint. Best from 2022 through 2032. 6,265 cases made."
- VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "Far Niente's 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is a gorgeous wine that captures all the natural radiance of the year. Super-ripe red cherry, mint, cedar, tobacco, spice and star anise give this wine striking exoticism and tons of character. Pliant and inviting, the 2017 is impeccably balanced. Best of all, it will drink well upon release."
- 93+ Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Bottled checks in as a blend of 95% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Petit Verdot, and the balance Malbec. Sporting a deep purple hue as well as classy notes of black plums, blackcurrants, graphite, damp earth, and roasted herbs, it's rich, medium to full-bodied, has good acidity, building tannins, and a chalky minerality on the finish. Give it 3-4 years of bottle age and it will keep for 20 years or more."
- JAMES SUCKLING: "A soft and delicious red with aromas and flavors of currants, blackberries and light vanilla. Medium-bodied, pretty and flavorful. Caressing and lovely. 95.5% cabernet Sauvignon, with petit verdot and malbec. Drink or hold."
|Wine Enthusiast:||94 WE|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||93 JD|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Sansibar Weinhandel Herbert Seckler, Hörnumber Strasse 80, 25980 Sylt OT Rantum|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Far Niente, 1350 Acacia Drive, Oakville, CA 94562, USA|