- 95 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Anthony Mueller: "The 2016 Syrah The Tribe Vineyard has complex aromas of peppercorn-crusted meat, iodine and smoke along with crushed violets and a wet river rock minerality. The wine is medium to full-bodied on the palate, showing soft tones of underbrush that add to the range of the expressions on the palate, later moving to a delicate stemmy note with a flutter of Sakura. The finish is thoughtful and complete, with good focus and balance. Only 525 cases produced."
- 98 Punkte und "Cellar Selection" WINE ENTHUSIAST, Sean P. Sullivan: "Aromas of ash, black pepper, rock salt, black olive, wet stone, potpourri and fresh tobacco lead to outrageously expressive, savory flavors on the palate. There is intensity to the flavors, but still a profound sense of elegance and balance. The finish lingers on accents of potpourri and smoked meat. Hold until at least 2025."
- 95 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The 2016 The Tribe Vineyard Syrah is a show-stopping bottle from Cayuse Vineyards. Planted in 2009, The Tribe Vineyard is a 3.5 x 3.5 spaced vineyard that is entirely planted to Syrah. This immediately begins to impress, as it offers remarkably complex aromatics of blackberry cobbler, hoisin sauce, wet stones and a seaweed character that all come together and shine brightly. On the palate this displays a wonderful combination of weight and texture, as well as amazing finesse and tension. It goes on to impress with its fantastic flavor profile of black fruits and umami which are underlibed by gorgeous minerality leading up to the finish. This is absolutely outstanding today, however this beautiful Syrah should also continue to evolve beautifully over the next ten to fifteen years."
- 95-97 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2016 Syrah The Tribe Vineyard is slightly more straight and focused than the Sur Echalas Vineyard, revealing a deep purple color, lots of cassis and plum fruits, full-bodied richness, and classic meaty, violet, and peppery aromas and flavors. It’s slightly less exotic than the Sur Echalas release, yet is still a beautiful, concentrated, age-worthy wine. It too needs short-term cellaring and I wouldn’t touch a bottle until at least 3-4 years after release."
- 96 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This has such impressive, silky black fruit with interwoven spices and subtle, meaty nuances. The intensity of fruit is dialed-up in this wine. There’s a very pure, bright fruit core here that pushes out of the mid-palate with a lot of energy and stony, graphite-like notes. This has a wealth of dark berries on offer. Such length and balance. Planted at 8,500 vines per hectare. Drink or hold. Best from 2022."
- 18,5+ Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: „Grown in the 3-acre The Tribe Vineyard and planted at 3.5’ x 3.5’ spacing. Biodynamically farmed. The two key words for The Tribe Vineyard Syrah are intensity and density. This wine is savoury, and distinctly different from the Sur Echalas. There is more fruit purity here, less funk on the nose. It is a bit less driven by the aromatic salts so characteristic of the stones of southern Walla Walla and brings with it a sense of refinement and delicacy. Finessed and textural. It is a bit friendlier and more approachable compared with the Sur Echalas with a delicious balance and still those characteristic accents of grey salts and dried, salted meats. (ECB)13.4% Drink 2020– 2032“
|Wine Enthusiast:||Cellar Selection98 WE|
|James Suckling:||96 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||18,5 JR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||95 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||95 IWR|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||96 JD|
|Region:||Columbia ValleyWalla Walla|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Cayuse Vineyards is the first winery in the Walla Walla Valley to fully implement biodynamic farming methods in its vineyards. Biodynamism is chemical-free farming that produces both healthier soil and food. It is the only kind of agriculture to take both the soil and the cosmos into account in helping the vines grow in perfect harmony with the forces of the universe. “If you understand that the moon moves oceans, you can also understand that the moon exerts an influence on vines,” said Christophe Baron, vigneron and owner of Cayuse Vineyards. “We want to produce the best wines possible,” said Baron. “Healthy vines make healthy wines. Our vines have always been grown organically, so biodynamism was the next logical step to take.” Since 2002, Cayuse has consulted with Philippe Armenier, a biodynamic farming specialist and previous owner of Domaine de Marcoux, a world-renowned winery in Chateauneuf-du-Pape, France. Using Armenier’s expert advice, Cayuse crushed it’s first biodynamic certified fruit in the 2004 vintage. “I noticed many of the best French producers have been switching from conventional growing methods to biodynamism over the last decade. After tasting their wines, I talked to them to find out more and became convinced that it was a necessary step for Cayuse to take,” said Baron. Using biodynamism, producers such as Chapoutier in the Rhône, Marcel Deiss in Alsace, Coulée de Serrant in the Loire, Jacques Selosse in Champagne, Domaine Leroy in Burgundy, Domaine LeFlaive in Burgundy, and Domaine de Marcoux in Chateauneuf-du-Pape make some of the finest, most sought-after wines in France. Cayuse Vineyards is a 100 percent estate vineyard located in the Walla Walla. Best known for its highly acclaimed Syrah, Cayuse currently creates 12 estate wines from fruit harvested on 51 acres of vines planted in ancient riverbed rock. In fact, the word “Cayuse” refers to the Native American tribe named by French-Canadian traders from the French “cailloux,” which means “stones.” A native of France, Baron developed a passion for farming growing up in his family’s centuries-old Champagne House, Baron Albert.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Weinhandlung Martin Apell, Eugen Richter Strasse 109, 34134 Kassel|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Cayuse Vineyards, PO Box 1602, Walla Walla , WA 99362, USA, www.cayusevineyards.com|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.