- 98 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: „Massively rich already with density and opulence, this powerful wine is half-and-half Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. The dark tannins presage aging for many years. Drink from 2027.“
- 98 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: „The 2020 Palmer is exceptional. Soft, seamless and ample, the Grand Vin caressest he palate with stunning depth and intensity. Super-ripe black cherry, licorice, clives, menthol and chocolate meld together in the glass. As always, Palmer is made from blocks on gravel/clay soils (as opposed tot he more gravelly/sandy soils for Alter Ego) which gives the wines the breadth and creaminess to match ist exotic personality. There is a restained exuberance here that is so appealing.“
- 97 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: „The 2020 Palmer was bottled in July with the lowest SO2 ever. It has an almost identical bouquet tot he one I encountered from barrel last year, with black cherries and iodine, lovely floral scents, quintessentially Palmer from every angle. The palate is medium-bodied with svelte tannins, plush yet structured with an underlying sapidity that comes through towards the finish. This just doesn’t put a foot out of place – fabulous.“
- 96 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Dunkles Rubingranat, violette Reflexe, tiefer Kern, zarte Randaufhellung. Feiner Edelholztouch, etwas Zeder und Grafit, schwarze Beeren, Nuancen von Wacholder, ein Hauch von Bergamotte. Saftig, feine Cassisnuancen, frische schwarze Kirschen, integrierte Tannine, frisch strukturiert, mineralisch, kühler Stil, gut anhaftend, feine Würze im Abgang, verfügt über Reifepotenzial, ein eleganter Speisenbegleiter.“
- 99 Punkte DECANTER, Panos Kakaviatos: „Glorious finesse, depth, density and length. An amazing wine that deserves to be a first growth. Such vivid expression of bright fruit and floral aromatics, seamless integration of the 60% new oak and a palate with racy texture that approaches perfection. The tannins need several years to settle and that time will increase the wine's complexity as it approaches its optimal drinking window – and it has many years ahead.“
- 98 Punkte DECANTER, Georgina Hindle: „An irresistible wine from Palmer in 2020, sumptuous and voluptuous, open and appealing yet with all the elements so very carefully set in their place. Rich and evocative on the nose, dark and brooding with softly perfumed violet and rose aromas but it’s the texture that captivates on the palate with soft and seductive velvety tannins that immediately expand in the mouth giving power but also refinement. Mouthwatering and juicy but rich at the same time, so approachable you could drink this right now and just marvel in its nuance, structure and ease - and the oak integration is seamless. I love the liquorice bite and chalky sensation alongside vibrant black fruit though a sense of heat and menthol, liquorice freshness at the finish reminds you this is a serious wine that is built to last. This really carries the Margaux beauty and charm. A long life ahead but once opened this will disappear out of the bottle instantaneously.“
- 97 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "Vivid colours, and the aromatics grab hold straight away. This is intense and concentrated, elegant, balanced and classical, all about the texture which is velvety and seductive with softly-grained tannins. Moves oh so slowly through the palate with dozens of layers to get hold of. The overall feel is precise, slow and seductive, with appellation and estate signature at every turn. Sappy, hawthorn freshness, rosemary, redcurrant, tobacco, cigar box and dark chocolate shavings on the finish. 3.77pH, 78IPT, 55% of overall production, with 13% press wine. Drinking Window 2028 – 2044"
- 18+ Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, James Lawther: "48% Cabernet Sauvignon, 48% Merlot, 4% Petit Verdot. Cask sample.
The Merlot provides the broad sweep and touch of sweetness on entry, the Cabernet the fine but punchy tannins that drive the wine. Lots of life and persistence, the tannins fine-grained and fresh. Clear potential."
- 97 Punkte ANDREAS LARSSON: „The wine already appears very open and complete, ripe and unctuous fruit with sweet plum, cassis some herbaceous sage and mint with tobacco notes, oak feels very well integrated and the palate has an impressive polish and definition, rounded and supple, almost a Burgundian texture, yet remaining distinctly Margaux with great complexity and very long persistency.“
- 19 Punkte Rene Gabriels BORDEAUX TOTAL, Andre Kunz: „Dichtes, samtenes, tiefes, komplexes, cremiges Bouquet, Damassinepflaumen, Erdbeeren, Cassis, Korinthen, zart Dörrfrüchte, Black Currant. Dichtverwobener, vielschichtiger, konzentrierter Gaumen mit dichter, dunkler, cremiger Frucht, sehr viel feinem Tannin, fein opulenter, gut muskulöser Struktur, vielfältiger, kräftiger Aromatik, sehr langer, dichter, aromatischer, süsser Gaumen mit vielen Rückaromen. 2026 – 2048“
|René Gabriel:||19 RG|
|Decanter:||99 DEC98 DEC97 DEC|
|Wine Enthusiast:||98 WE|
|Vinous:||98 VS97 VS|
|Jancis Robinson:||18,0 JR|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit VerdotCabernet SauvignonMerlot|
|Klassifzierung:||3. Grand Cru Classé|
|Reben:||48% Cabernet Sauvignon, 48% Merlot, 4% Petit Verdot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||At the end of February, the onset of the vines’budburst almost two weeks ahead of schedule signalled the launch of what would be a very early vintage. March brought heavy rainfall, which made working the soil considerably more difficult, only to be followed by a damp spring with mild temperatures, conditions all too conducive to the spread of mildew. Throughout April and May, the vineyard would require superlative care to keep us on course for a healthy harvest. In mid- May, a return to warm, dry weather would set the stage for an ideal flowering period, aising hopes of a lovely vintage indeed. n June, the summer weather arrived and ettled in to stay. By the end of July, the erries had begun their colour change under a right and constant sun, allowing for an early ynthesis of polyphenols. Although the heat aves of August subjected the vines to a good eal of hydric stress, intense thunderstorms rought a welcome breath of fresh air: the erlot grapes gorged themselves while the abernet, which weren’t as far along in their ycle, retained their small size. The return to ry weather at the end of August fostered the oncentration of the tannins and marked a romising conclusion to the ripening process. he harvest began on September 15th, with he Merlot picked in the cool of dawn and he Cabernet gathered between the drops f thundershowers. The harvest ended wo weeks later on September 29th. In the t room, the fermentations proceeded moothly and the blending was carried out ver two sessions in mid-November, for he most part during the run-off. Marked y the year’s eminently favourable climate, he 2020 vintage of Château Palmer is n par with 2018 in terms of structure, boasting sunny Merlot, fine and powerful abernet, and a terroir of brilliant clarity.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Palmer, F-33460 Margaux|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.