- 95 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: „The 2016 Cantenac Brown seems to have grown aromatically since I last tasted it a few months ago. More complex than I remember, this offers a cornucopia of scents: blackberry, briary, cedar and a lovely mintiness that recalls Palmer. The palate is silky smooth with great depth and delineation, satin-like, multi-layered, precoious black fruit laced with black pepper, tea leaves and cloves, all finning out gloriously towards the finish. Bon von! Tasted at the Cantenac Brown vertical at the château.“ 2025-2055
- 18,0 Punkte VINUM, Arrivage: „Verführerische Aromatik von Beeren und Gebäck; voller Ansatz, dichter Bau, saftiges Tannin, kompakt, erfrischend, von guter Länge: durch und durch gelungen. 2024-2035.“
- 95 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "As with the 2015, this is closed right now, but is going to blossom into an awesome Margaux. Impressive depth and complexity, with really striking menthol freshness, suggesting that this has decades ahead of it. The slate, rosemary and dark spice markers are clear to see, with bilberry cassis and blackberry notes. Excellent quality, well balanced. Put it away for another five to 10 years, but this is evidence of an estate in the ascendance. 60% new oak, 49% of production in the 1st wine. Harvest September 23 to October 19, with just 14 days picking over these five weeks, showing how leisurely the pace was able to be. Drinking Window 2025 – 2050."
- 95 Punkte winecellarinsider.com, Jeff Leve: „Flowers, truffle, espresso, tobacco and dark, red fruits are all over the place. Concentrated, full-bodied, lush, round and with layers of fruit and energy, the wine is deep, filled with juice and vivacious. The blend was made from 68% Cabernet Sauvignon and 32% Merlot.“
- 95 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, opaker Kern, dezente Randaufhellung, attraktives schwarzes Waldbeerkonfit, feine Edelholzwürze, balsamischer Touch, kandierte Orangenzesten. Komplex, saftige Herzkirschen, integrierte Tannine, elegant und extraktsüß, frisch strukturiert, bleibt lange haften, sicheres Reifepotenzial."
- 94 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Richly structured, this dense wine has solid tannins that balance with the black fruits. It is a complex wine, poised and confident while not losing sight of the Margaux elegance. Drink from 2025."
- 94 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This has a very delicious and attractive nose offering ample dark berries and plums with cocoa and freshly cut bracken. The palate has a smooth, fan-like array of fine but sturdy tannins that carry very fresh and upbeat into the finish. Try from 2023."
|Wine Enthusiast:||94 WE|
|James Suckling:||94 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||93 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||93 JD|
|Klassifzierung:||3. Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet SauvignonMerlotCabernet Franc|
|Reben:||68% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Merlot|
|Im Weinkeller:||Reifung für 16 Monate in französischer Eiche (60% neu, 40% 1 Jahr alt)|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Aer a rather dry and warm winter, the beginning of the growing season is rainy through June, giving way to a dry and hot summer. Bud-break took place in mid-March, and this slow, yet stable growth allowed us to forecast a late harvest. Thankfully, June revealed itself as perfect for a complete and rapid owering on the Merlots, a little slower on the Cabernets, but with beautiful ripening overallon all varietals. June through September proved beautiful weather, almost too hot, but never reaching heatwaves. Also, even if some of the younger vines may have suffered, the older, more estbalished ones continue to ripen, thanks to high water tables. Balance is there, this slight «block» at the end of August reduced alcohol content. However, rain in mid-September along with beautiful sunny days and cool nights, allowed us to maintain great freshness with exceptional polyphenolic richness. The Harvest: From the rst rainy days of mid-September, the grapes are gleaming, the ripening is accelerating, and the sun bathed berries are healthy and sound, allowing us to perform our harvest to a slow and precise rhythm with no stress ! (14 days in 5 weeks). Extraction is easy, color and tannin develop with little effort. The grape seeds taste of hazelnut, and the berries are perfectly ripened ! All the elements to an exceptional vintage unite. From a beautiful owering, to a long ripening time on all varietals, we had a healthy harvest due to radiant sun during the day paired with cool nights. Perfect alcohol, acidity, and round tannins: the balance is there. It’s harmonious and natural, without excess. Truly a rare vintage.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Cantenac Brown, Lieu-dit Margaux, F-33460 Cantenac, +33 5 57 88 81 81, www.cantenacbrown.com|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.