- 92-94 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Neal Martin: "The 2016 Cantenac Brown comes from a Margaux estate that has upped its game in recent years. It has an intense bouquet with floral aromas filtering through the black cherries, cassis and boysenberry notes, in an odd way almost Saint-Emilion in style. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin. Silky smooth with very well-judged acidity, there is a sorbet-like freshness imbued into this Margaux and it just glides across the palate towards the quite sensual finish. This is certainly equal to the impressive 2015 Cantenac Brown."
- 94 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Richly structured, this dense wine has solid tannins that balance with the black fruits. It is a complex wine, poised and confident while not losing sight of the Margaux elegance. Drink from 2025."
- 93 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "Quite dark in profile, with steeped boysenberry, raspberry and blackberry compote flavors forming a core that is coiled up with bramble, singed mesquite and anise notes. Lots of juicy energy through the finish, with a mouthwatering streak of graphite. Rock-solid. Best from 2023 through 2037. 9,333 cases made."
- 93 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2016 Cantenac Brown has a bright nose of blackberry and bilberry fruit, cedar and tobacco emerging with time in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with light tannins and fleshy, brambly red fruit laced with cedar and white tea, leading to a cohesive finish. I was parsimonious with my score in the past, but a recently tasted bottle showed that the wine just needed time to open. Tasted blind at the annual Southwold tasting."
- 95 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, opaker Kern, dezente Randaufhellung, attraktives schwarzes Waldbeerkonfit, feine Edelholzwürze, balsamischer Touch, kandierte Orangenzesten. Komplex, saftige Herzkirschen, integrierte Tannine, elegant und extraktsüß, frisch strukturiert, bleibt lange haften, sicheres Reifepotenzial."
- 92 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "Beautifully sleek, fresh plum and damson fruit on the nose, and a confidently extracted deep purple colour. The little touch of Petit Verdot is making a clear impact here, with a brush of black pepper spice. Jean-Christophe Mau works with Stephane Derenoncourt as a consultant, and there is a lovely focus in the vibrancy of the fruit, vinified in small stainless steel tanks. 33% of malolactic takes place in new oak and the rest in stainless steel. The blend here is 50% Merlot, 48% Cabernet Sauvignon and 2% Petit Verdot, aged in 33% new oak barrels for 14 months. Drinking Window 2023 – 2040"
- 93+ Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "A solid step up and a brilliant Margaux, the 2016 Cantenac Brown checks in as 68% Cabernet Sauvignon and 32% Merlot raised in 60% new French oak. Black cherries, currants, smoke tobacco, graphite, and hints of earth all emerge from this beautifully layered, medium-bodied, and concentrated 2016 that shines for its purity and precision, while still offering beautiful depth of fruit. Give it 3-4 years and enjoy this fabulous effort over the following 2-3 decades."
- 94 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This has a very delicious and attractive nose offering ample dark berries and plums with cocoa and freshly cut bracken. The palate has a smooth, fan-like array of fine but sturdy tannins that carry very fresh and upbeat into the finish. Try from 2023."
|Wine Enthusiast:||94 WE|
|James Suckling:||94 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||93 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||93 JD|
|Klassifzierung:||3. Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Cantenac Brown, Lieu-dit Margaux, F-33460 Cantenac, +33 5 57 88 81 81, www.cantenacbrown.com|
In der aktuellen Sprache gibt es keine Bewertungen.