- 90-92 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Neal Martin: "The 2016 Haut Bages Liberal has a very focused and much more sumptuous bouquet than in previous years, thankfully without dispensing any of its character. It just seems more confident on the nose. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, pretty blackberry and boysenberry fruit laced with a touch of oyster shell, sashaying towards a quite elegant finish with admirable depth. You would not describe this as a potentially exciting Pauillac, but I suspect it will be delicious once in bottle."
- 93 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Rich tannins, generous black fruits and an opulent character mark out this wine. Under the same winemaking team as Ferrière and La Gurgue in Margaux, this exceptional wine comes from an estate that is now biodynamic. Drink this wine from 2025."
- 92 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "This is a sleek, almost brisk-styled Pauillac, with bright iron and chalk notes flanking a core of red currant, cherry and violet flavors. Persistent and defined, just frankly taut in style, so be prepared. Best from 2024 through 2038. 10,000 cases made."
- 92 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2016 Haut-Bages-Libéral has a focused, delineated bouquet of blackberry, cedar and pencil lead aromas ? a straight-down-the-fairway Pauillac. The palate is well balanced with sappy black fruit, and a light marine influence develops with aeration. I like the grip here. This is a denser HBL than recent years, with a saline finish that lingers. Very fine."
- 92 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "What a lovely run of Pauillacs in this vintage; hefty, deep, not subtle at this early stage, with chewy tannins, and long lives ahead. Not charming wines, but powerful. At Haut-Bages Libéral they're undergoing conversion to organic and biodynamic. They harvested right through until 19 October in 2016, and here the rich damson fruit and tannins are enrobed by oak, with some heat on the finish. Matured in 40% new oak. Eric Boissenot consults. Drinking Window 2024 ? 2038"
- 94-95 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Very chewy and long already with ripe tannins and plenty of fruit suggesting tobacco and blackcurrant character. Long finish. From biodynamic grapes."
|Wine Enthusiast:||93 WE|
|James Suckling:||94 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||91 RPWA|
|Klassifzierung:||5. Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Château Haut-Bages Libéral, 1 Chemin des Balogues - Saint Lambert, F-33250 Pauillac|