- 92 Punkte Robert Parker's WINE ADVOCATE (11/2013), David Schildknecht: "Hebrart?s NV Brut Blanc de Blancs Disg. 3/2013 showcases fruit from vintage 2009 with 20% of its volume split between 2008 and 2007. Iris and peony, almond and hazelnut dominate the nose, with intimations arising of the oyster liquor and soy that go on to lend mouthwateringly saline savor as well as the apple and winter pear that serve up luscious fruit on a buoyant and polished palate. Given my description thus far, it won?t surprise you to learn that this cuvee?s finish is superbly long and savory. I imagine that it will be worth following for at least several years. Not only does this bottling represent exceptional value by standards of its appellation, it is remarkable for costing so little more than Hebrart's corresponding (far from) ?basic? Brut. (By my convention governing suggested retail price quotations, the difference simply gets rounded off!)
Feel free either to take it from me or to contradict me, but ever since, a half dozen years ago, I began experiencing (albeit sporadically) the wines of Jean-Paul Hebrart ? who has run his family?s domaine for 15 years, but whom I haven?t personally met ? it has struck me that the praise generally accorded them is too faint to do justice to Champagnes exhibiting perhaps so much sheer deliciousness that commentators simply overlook their profundity or forget how hard it is to achieve, vintage after vintage, such consistent clarity not to mention excellence. (And most of wines here that aren?t labeled with vintages are still each dominated by a single one). Hebrart?s vines grow in Chouilly, neighboring Oiry, and Mareuil-sur-Ay. Malo-lactic transformation is routine at this address and selected cuvees see small barrel, neither of which practices here preclude wines of utmost transparency to nuance, or ones that ever forget their first duty to refresh."
- 92 Punkte WINESPECTATOR (10/2015): "Hints of yellow peach and pineapple ride the bright, lively bead of this firm and focused blanc de blancs, layered with a floral overtone and notes of lemon parfait, candied grapefruit zest, chalk and salted almond. Mouthwatering. Disgorged March 2014. Drink now through 2020."
- 92 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni (11/2014): "The NV Brut Blanc de Blancs is fabulous. Lemon peel, white flowers, crushed rocks and mint jump from the glass. The flavors are classic Chardonnay, but there is a sense of volume here that is hugely appealing. Best of all, the Blanc de Blancs is a superb value. The Blancs de Blancs is a bit unusual, as 70% of the fruit comes from Mareuil, where Pinot is more common, while 30% of the fruit comes from Oiry and Chouilly. This release is 65% 2010 and 35% 2009/2008 juice. This bottle was disgorged in March 2014. Dosage is 8.5 grams per liter. 2014-2020."
- 92 Punkte VINOUS, Josh Raynolds (1/2015): "(8.5 g/l dosage; disgorged in March, 2014): Pale yellow. A heady, mineral-dominated bouquet displays scents of fresh citrus and orchard fruits, jasmine, green tea and sea salt. Shows very good clarity and lift on the palate, offering zesty lemon-lime and bitter pear skin flavors sharpened by white pepper. The mineral quality defines the persistent finish, which features a subtle touch of buttered toast."
- *(*) Champagner Spezialist PETER LIEM: "This is 85 percent Mareuil-sur-Aÿ and 15 percent Oiry and Chouilly, with 35 percent of the blend made up of reserve wines. It?s flowery and fragrant, with an elegant and elongated structure, and while it shows the body and presence of a Mareuil champagne, the finesse and chalkiness of the Côte des Blancs vineyards are very much in evidence as well. This is an excellent edition of this cuvée, and it?s already showing superbly well. Last tasted: 3/17"
"Hébrart?s wines have a broad appeal: if you like to think about your wines, they?re intellectually engaging enough to satisfy you; on the other hand, if you?re just looking to drink, they?re simply delicious. The wines are full and generous without being weighty, complex and soil-driven without being demanding. Overall, the entire range is of consistently high quality, and Hébrart is quickly becoming one of the finest grower estates in the Grande Vallée. Happily, his wines also represent excellent value for the money, at least for the moment."
92 Punkte Tyson Stelzer?s Champagne Guide 2020: ?On the gently south-facing slopes of Mareuil above Clos des Goisses, chardonnay takes on a fleshy generosity, especially in a warm season like 2015. Jean-Paul Hébrart presents a masterfully crafted take on this, in a blanc de blancs of bright, pale straw hue that heralds its elegant freshness. A core of mirabelle plum and white peach is accented with the zest of grapefruit and lemon sherbet in an approachable and succulent style of generous spice complexity and ripe fruit persistence. The salt minerality of Mareuil upholds freshness on the finish, amplified strategically by a well-placed touch of the structure of Chouilly/Oiry. The 2014 base is a fleshy style hinting at exotic, ripe pineapple, ready to drink now.?
- 92 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni (11/2018): "The NV Brut Blanc de Blancs is rich, tropical and racy, all of which give it considerable appeal. One of the most overt wines in this range, the Blanc de Blancs is decidedly open-knit and radiant, with real substance that carries through to the expressive, supple finish. The blend is 70% 2014, 20% 2013 and 10% 2012. Disgorged: December 6, 2017."
- 92 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, William Kelley (4/2019): "Disgorged in April 2018, the latest iteration of Hébrart's NV Brut Blanc de Blancs Premier Cru is lovely, bursting with aromas of Meyer lemon, green apple, brioche and subtle hints of blanched almond. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, fleshy and seductive, with ripe acids, a youthfully frothy but incipiently fine mousse and a sapid, vinous finish that belies this bottling's easy charm. Not only is this a terrific wine, it's a terrific value."
- VINOUS, Antonio Galloni (12/2019): "Hebrart's NV Blanc de Blanc is a soft, pretty wine with lovely Chardonnay character. Medium in body and understated, the Blanc de Blancs is delicate, perfumed and quite attractive. Dried apricot, spice, chamomile and dried flowers add complexity. This is an especially supple, curvy style of Blanc de Blanc that will drink well upon release and for at least a handful of years beyond. This release is 60% 2015, 25% 2014 and 15% 2013. Dosage is 7 grams per liter. Disgorged: July 2018"- 92 Punkte TYSON STELZER Champagne Guide 2020: "100% chardonnay; fermented in stainless steel vats; full malolactic fermentation; aged 38 months on lees; 7g/L dosage; cork
On the gently south-facing slopes of Mareuil above Clos des Goisses, chardonnay takes on a fleshy generosity, especially in a warm season like 2015. Jean-Paul Hébrart presents a masterfully crafted take on this, in a blanc de blancs of bright, pale straw hue that heralds its elegant freshness. A core of mirabelle plum and white peach is accented with the zest of grapefruit and lemon sherbet in an approachable and succulent style of generous spice complexity and ripe fruit persistence. The salt minerality of Mareuil upholds freshness on the finish, amplified strategically by a well-placed touch of the structure of Chouilly/Oiry. The 2014 base is a fleshy style hinting at exotic, ripe pineapple, ready to drink now"
- ++ TERRY THEISE 2019 Terry Theise Estate Selections Champagne: "The very best ?NV Blanc de Blancs? in this portfolio, challenged only by the best editions of Péters. It?s 60% 2015 (and is entirely without grassiness), 25% ?14 and 15% ?13?it?s 12% from Oiry/Chouilly (Grand Cru) with the balance from Mareuil (ought to be Grand Cru!), deg. 9/2018."
|Parker Wine Advocate:||92 RPWA|
|Produkt:||Champagner, Sekt & Co|
|Peter Liem:||*(*) PL|
|Reben:||20% Chardonnay (Oiry-Chouilly Grand Cru) und 80% Chardonnay (Mareuil-Sur-Ay Premier Cru) davon 20% Reserve|
|% vol Alk:||12,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Champagne Hebrart, 18 Rue du Pont, F-51160 Mareuil-sur-Ay|