- 92 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Aged 18 months in French oak barrels, 80% of which were new and 20% one-year-old, the 2015 Malartic Lagraviere is a blend of 53% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, and 7% Petit Verdot. Deep garnet-purple in color, it has notes of crushed black currants, fresh black berries and black raspberries with hints of tar, dried herbs and garrigue. The palate is medium-bodied, energetic and refreshing in the mouth with firm, grainy tannins and an uplifting finish."
- 94-96 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Barrel Sample. This wine already has great balance. That comes from the firm, dark tannins that are cutting through the rich fruits and juicy acidity. Black and dense, it is obviously ready for the long haul."
- 92 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "A slightly high-pitched style, with a mix of red currant and raspberry fruit laced with rooibos tea and blood orange notes. A good snap of licorice adds weight on the finish, showing a flash of tar. Has sneaky depth and should evolve well in the cellar. Best from 2020 through 2028. 10,000 cases made."
- 96+ Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2015 Malartic Lagravière is just as fabulous from bottle as it was from barrel. Rich, voluptuous and dramatic, it captures all of the natural intensity of the year. Black cherry, plum, mocha, chocolate, licorice and French oak build into a crescendo of stunning aromas, flavors and textures. This is in an especially dark, sumptuous style, but it all works beautifully. The 2015 was positively thrilling each of the three times I tasted it."
- 94 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2015 Malartic-Lagravière is bolder than its peers on the nose with blackberry, raspberry, iodine and light cedar aromas, quite upfront but nicely defined, pencil lead scents emerging with aeration. The palate is medium-bodied with gentle grip, and well balanced. Pencil lead again, and infused black fruit toward the finish. It is not what you might describe as an "exciting" wine, but it is well crafted and it will reward bottle age. One for the patient among you. Tasted blind at the Southwold 2015 Bordeaux tasting."
- 93 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Dunkles Rubingranat, violette Reflexe, dezente Randaufhellung, frische Herzkirschen, zarter Nougat, feine Kräuterwürze, etwas Cassis und kandierte Orangenzesten. Saftig, elegant, mineralisch, frisch strukturiert, feiner Nougat, extraktsüße Frucht im Abgang, bleibt haften, verfügt über Zukunftspotenzial."
- 93 Punkte DECANTER: "Dark, rich, serious, well-extracted fruit; firm but with just the right pressure on the pedal. One that will age very well, continuing a run of strong vintages here. Cinnamon and black pepper spice from 7% Petit Verdot – increasingly common in Pessac-Léognan. 53% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot and 5% Cabernet Franc, 80% new oak. Drinking Window 2025 – 2038"
- 92 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2015 Malartic-Lagravière is also terrific and comes from a 46-hectare vineyard in Léognan. Made from 53% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot and the rest Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, it offers a smorgasbord of aromatics including red currants, ripe cherries, cassis, licorice, toasty oak, and spice. With full-bodied richness, building tannin, and a rounded, sumptuous style, as well as a great finish, it’s going to benefit from several years in the cellar and keep for 15-20 years. Tasted three times."
- 96 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Deeper wine from the get-go with dark violets, mocha, cassis and blackberries. The palate has suave, smooth and sturdy tannins and terrific length. Very polished and seamless with flavors of fresh black cherries, blackcurrants and blue plums. Best from 2022."
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|Vinous:||94 VS 96 VS|
|James Suckling:||96 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||92 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||92 JD|
|Klassifzierung:||Grand Cru Classé de Graves|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||50% Cabernet sauvignon, 45% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Malartic-Lagraviere, 39-67 Avenue de Mont de Marsan, F-33850 Leognan, +33 5 56 64 75 08, www.malartic-lagraviere.com|