- DIESES WEINGUT GEHÖRT JACQUES THIENPONT VON CHATEAU LE PIN!
- Neal Martin in Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE (30.6.2016): "L'If was intended to be a more affordable alternative to Le Pin. However, they made a mistake and made a wonderful Saint Emilion that inevitably, with the Thienpont connection, became an overnight success."
- 93-95 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: „The 2018 L'If is blended of 74% Merlot and 26% Cabernet Franc, to be aged 12-16 months in barriques, 50% new. The wine has a pH of 3.55 and 14.5% alcohol. Deep purple-black in color, it gives up a beautiful perfume of baked raspberries, mulberries and Black Forest cake with hints of fragrant soil, rose hip tea and dusty soil. Full-bodied, rich and jam-packed with generous red and black fruits framed by velvety tannins, it has wonderful savory chocolate and licorice accents and a long, spicy finish.“
- 97 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: „The 2018 L'If is super-impressive, even if it comes across as a bit restrained today. Ultimately, that energy will serve it well. Dark and sensual, with striking aromatic presence and fabulous balance, the 2018 dazzles from start to finish. Dark cherry, plum, spice, new leather, menthol and mocha all build in the glass. The 2018 is bold, sumptuous and full of energy. I can't wait to see how it ages. What a wine.“
- 17 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, Julia Harding: „New plantings of Cabernet Franc in the blend this year. 74% Merlot, 26% Cabernet Franc. 12–16 months in barrel, 50% new. Barrel sample.
Black core. Very pure dark Merlot fruit on the nose – black plum and mulberry and a lovely smoky note, almost smoky bacon, to add complexity and cut through the sweetness. Juicy and fresh yet with very upright tannins. Dark, chalky and fine on the palate. Definitely more classy than last year. Purity of texture as well as fruit. Beautifully aromatic, especially in the empty glass. Beautifully fresh.“
- 99 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: „Aromas of black cherries, blueberries, licorice, dried lavender, nutmeg and grated milk chocolate. Pure raspberries, walnut husks and crushed peppercorns as well. It’s full-bodied with firm, racy tannins that go on for minutes. So sleek and polished with a long finish. Really amazing and perhaps the best wine ever from here. Same ownership as the legendary Le Pin from Pomerol. Slightly more cabernet franc (30% instead of 20%) in the blend may have made the difference. The rest is merlot. Clearly the best wine ever from here, since the official first vintage 2011. Try from 2026.“
|James Suckling:||99 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||94 RPWA|
|Jancis Robinson:||17,0 JR|
|Reben:||80% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Francois Thienpont; 189 rue Georges Mandel, F-33000 Bordeaux|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.