- 96 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Following the style that this estate has now adopted, this is an ultrarich, concentrated wine. However its acidity and bright black-currant fruits contrast well with this solid base. Drink this impressive wine from 2026."
- 95 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "Dark plum cake, blueberry reduction and açaí berry fruit tilts this to the exotic side of the ledger, with warm ganache, melted black licorice and tar notes providing the spine through the lush finish. Displays some serious latent grip, so there's no rush despite the showy fruit. Best from 2022 through 2040. 18,439 cases made."
- 95 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2015 Léoville Poyferré has a very backward nose, perhaps with a little more new oak to be subsumed compared to its peers, indicating that this is Poyferré. The fresh, focused palate is very well defined, displaying supple tannin and a fine bead of acidity. The almost understated, lip-smackingly saline finish is pure class. This is a very fine Saint-Julien. Chapeau, Didier Cuvelier. Tasted blind at the Southwold 2015 Bordeaux tasting."
- 97 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2015 Léoville-Poyferré is spectacular. Inky, dense and explosive, the 2015 possesses off the chart richness, with soft contours, no hard edges and exceptional balance. All the elements are simply fused together. inky blue/purplish fruit, chocolate, new leather, blueberry jam, exotic spice and violet notes are all beautifully delineated throughout. Fresh, vibrant and totally sexy, Léoville-Poyferré is one of the wines of the vintage. Don't miss it! Tasted two times."
- 94 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "This is starting not to soften but to gently open up, even after only a couple of years. The raspberry and black cherry aromatics show a touch more caramel than in the 2016 vintage ? it has a grilled charred oak character that gives impact whilst remaining extremely well integrated. Seductive, silky, hedonistic and still very much of a Médoc character, with a hint of menthol on the finish to lift things up. A lovely wine that will offer huge pleasure for the next 20 years plus. 3% Cabernet Franc makes up the rest of the blend. Drinking Window 2023 ? 2042"
- 18+ Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot, 6% Petit Verdot, 3% Cabernet Franc.
Dark crimson. Luscious glamorous fruit on the palate. I think this may be one wine that?s better in 2015 than 2016? Really compelling and focused."
- 18 Punkte RENE GABRIEL: "Sattes Purpur-Granat, dicht in der Mitte, lila Schimmer aussen. Würziges Bouquet mit viel Druck, pfeffrige Noten, Edelhölzer, Tabak und rot- bis blaubeerige Fruchtnuancen. Im Gaumen reich, fleischig mit viel Substanz, sattes Extrakt, verlangende Adstringenz, noch sandig-mehliger Fluss. Er bleib sich selbst treu und wird immer eher maskulin bleiben. Einer der kräftigsten Grand Crus seiner Kategorie. (18/20). 18: Sattes Purpur mit rubin-violettem Rand. Das Bouquet wirkt erst recht süss, zeigt Gebäcknoten (Barrique-Toasting), Wildkirschen, zarte Vanillenuancen und eine nasal, burgundische Aromennote. Der Ansatz ist dezent laktisch (typisch 2015!). Fleischiger, schier grobkörniger Fluss, momentan noch ziemlich aufrauhend und sehr verlangend. Er hat nicht ganz die Finessen der zwei Kontrahenten (Ducru & Barton), kompensiert dies aber mit seiner urigen Kraft. Kann noch zulegen. War in dieser Blindserie klar als Léoville-Poyferré zu erkennen."
- 97 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2015 Leoville Poyferre is cut from the same cloth as the 2016, yet is more sexy, rounded and opulent. Notes of cassis, licorice, crushed rocks, lead pencil shavings and graphite all emerge from this unctuous, ripe, pedal-to-the-metal beauty that's absolutely loaded with fruit and texture. Reminding me of the 2003, yet only fresher, don't miss this beauty. It should be drinkable in 3-4 years and last for 3-4 decades."
- 96 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "A rich and intense red with blackberries, tar and spices. Black tea and blueberries. Full-bodied, very layered and multi-dimensional. Very long and flavorful. Such great texture. A dynamic and superb red. Drink in 2023."
|René Gabriel:||18 RG|
|Wine Enthusiast:||96 WE|
|Vinous:||95 VS 97 VS|
|James Suckling:||96 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||94 RPWA|
|Jancis Robinson:||18,0 JR|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||97 JD|
|Klassifzierung:||2. Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Comments from the Winemaking Team (July 2016) Colour: deep and bright. Nose: subtle and complex. It reveals notes of red fruit, spices and liquorice upon swirling. Palate: The attack is fresh and intense It is fruity and fleshy on the palate. The finish is supported by fine, racy tannins that are long and integrated, and beautiful volume in the mouth. 2014, a harmonious vintage 2014, A vintage marked by the Indian summer 2014: A prodigious succession of mild weather, humidity, heat and sunshine characterizes the 2014 vintage. The Indian summer helped promote perfect ripeness of the grapes. The winter was exceptionally mild and characterized by high humidity (only 7 days of frost). The beginning of spring was sunnier than usual. Temperatures went up slowly and bud break was early. The vines grew steadily thanks to regular temperatures and rainfall. Flowering was also early, occurring over a period of temperature fluctuations and light rain. June finally experienced a real warming (with peaks above 30°C from the first two days of summer) and even beat the records for temperature and sunshine since 1920 ! With constant heat, July was significantly warmer than June, and recorded only 51mm of rain throughout the month. August was a little cooler, the first half marked by light, regular rainfall. The incredible sunshine in September totaling 265 hours, +31% compared to the average of the last 30 years, gave the vintage all its qualitative potential. The magnificent late season associated with constant care and attention in the vineyard gave birth to this successful vintage. Its quality is the reward for energy invested, and approaches that of great classic vintages.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Leoville Poyferre, 38 rue de St Julien, F-33250 Saint-Julien-Beychevelle|