- 97 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE: "The 2014s, where the production of Napanook was only 2,200 cases and Dominus slightly more than the 2015 at 4,000 cases, was another early harvest, although somewhat later than 2015. The 2014 Dominus, which is 86% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Cabernet Franc and 7% Petit Verdot really struts its stuff. Moueix’s belief in dry farming seems to be paying off with stronger and stronger vintages, each successive year, and the 2014 is a sexy, opulent, layered, multidimensional wine with notes of red and blackcurrant, cedar wood, tobacco leaf , spice box and licorice. The color is a dense plum/ruby/purple, much like the Napanook. This is a beauty that is already drinking gorgeously – as most 2014s are – and will continue to evolve for 25 or so years."
- "Editor's Choice" WINE ENTHUSIAST: "From a beautiful vintage on the relatively cooler end of the valley, this wine combines 89% Cabernet Sauvignon with 7% Petit Verdot and 4% Cabernet Franc. Cedar, herb and savory sage open into a strong element of forest floor and rose garden. Tight firm tannin wrap around a robust ripeness that finds balance in accompanying acidity. Enjoy from 2024–2034."
- 96+ Punkte VINOUS Antonio Galloni: "The 2014 Dominus is endowed with tons of depth, power and muscle. Black cherry, plum, smoke, menthol, licorice, chocolate, dried herbs and dark spices are all pushed forward. Deep, pliant and exquisitely layered, the 2014 possesses tons of concentration and mid-palate depth. Like so many wines in this vintage, the 2014 comes across as a hybrid of 2013 and 2012. I very much like the energy and focus in this wine. This is a fabulous wine in every way. With time in the glass, the flavors gain in brightness and focus. There is certainly much to look forward to."
- 95 Punkte DECANTER: "An initially reticent bouquet opens in the decanter and glass to reveal notes of blackberry, rich spice, tobacco leaf, elderberry and lily pollen. On the palate, fine, powdery tannins frame an elegant, deep wine with a lovely core of cool fruit. This will require some time in the cellar to reveal all its potential."
- 98 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Loads of dark tobacco aromas with blackcurrants and black olives. Boysenberries, too. Full to medium body, ultra-fine tannins and lots of flavors of smoke, dried roasted chillis, black truffles, mushrooms and fruit. Bright acidity on the finish. Sexy and subtle austerity. Alluring. Very approachable now but better in 2021."
|James Suckling:||98 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||97 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||86% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Petit Verdot, 6% Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Dominus 2014 offers cardamom and forest floor aromas with deep blue fruit, silky tannins in focused layers and a beautiful, long finish. VINTAGE SUMMARY: 2014 was characterized by a very dry early winter with heavy rains in February and continued rainfall in March and April (February: 11.7 inches | March: 4 inches | April: 2 inches). Average temperatures were higher than historical averages, with minor heat spikes in June (101F) and in July (103F). No heat spikes were recorded in August or September. HARVEST START: September 2 HARVEST END: September 30 BOTTLING DATE: July 2016 PERCENT NEW BARRELS: 40% CASES PRODUCED: 4300 RELEASE DATE: June 2017|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Jean Pierre MOUEIX, 54 Quai du Priourat. BP 129, F- 33502 Libourne Cedex|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Dominus Estate, 2570 Napanook Road, Yountville, CA 94599, USA|