- 97 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Luis Gutierrez: "I was surprised by the aromatics of the 2010 Único, cropped from a powerful and concentrated year that delivered this blend of 94% Tinto Fino (aka Tempranillo) and 6% Cabernet Sauvignon, with 14.5% alcohol and a highish pH of 3.87. It fermented with indigenous yeasts and matured in a combination of French and American oak barrels and 20,000-liter oak vats and aged for almost six years. It feels quite ripe and somehow old style, dominated by ripe black fruit, with a rustic and earthy touch. It has an ample palate, concentrated and powerful, with some earthy tannins. 85,185 bottles, 3,362 magnums, 228 double magnums and 36 Imperials were produced. It was bottled in June 2016."
- 96 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, Thomas Matthews: "This red is dense, balanced and complex. Plum, dried currant, cigar box, leather and mineral flavors mingle over ripe, well-integrated tannins. Orange peel acidity keeps this lively through the long, floral finish. Harmonious and graceful, in a classic style. Tinto Fino and Cabernet Sauvignon. Drink now through 2030. 7,000 cases made."
- 98 Punkte DECANTER, Sarah Jane Evans: "Unico is Tinto Fino, with 6% Cabernet Sauvignon, in contrast to Valbuena No.5, which has a small dash of Merlot. It opens with alluring aromas of dark plums, spice and oak. As expected, it's powerful, intense and very long, but within that you can note the very fine tannins, the result of the assiduous attention to ageing in different types and sizes of vats over the years. There's an element of tobacco smoke, of black fruits, of the dark plums promised in the aromas, the whole beautifully integrated. A vintage and a wine that's hard to better. This has 25 to 30 years ahead of it, but you could also enjoy it within a few years - that's the essence of Vega Sicilia, its interplay of youth and ageability. Drinking Window 2025 – 2050"
- 99 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This is still very tight and closed with so much depth and beauty. The linear line to this is very vertical and draws you down. It shows intense blackberry, dark-chocolate, hazelnut and walnut character. Full body. Chewy yet extremely polished. Precise. Shows decadence. So drinkable already, but better in 2022."
- 19 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, Ferran Centelles: "94% Tinto Fino, 6% Cabernet Sauvignon. A vintage of historic quality. Although some rainfall during budding resulted in a lower fruit set, the remaining grapes achieved fabulous maturity. September was quite cool, with ideal conditions for achieving precise and balanced maturity between sugars and tannins. 85,185 bottles, 3,362 magnums.
It is magnificent that, even though 10 years have passed, the fruit is still present, in perfect harmony with the tertiary aromas. This is undoubtedly a great vintage for Único. Perhaps among those that will last the longest. Tannin is velvety but present with great depth. I love when the notes of blackcurrant appear on the palate. It is a complete wine and a vintage that will undoubtedly keep going and grow over time. It is one of the most powerful vintages that I can remember. 14.5% Drink 2020– 2040"
|James Suckling:||99 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||19,0 JR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||97 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Tempranillo Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Region:||Ribera del Duero|
|Reben:||94% Tempranillo, 6% Cabernet Sauvignon|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||It is the Vega Sicilia flagship. The qualities of the Tempranillo and cabernet sauvignon in different proportions are assembled to perfection in this wine. Each provides a differentiating factor that makes the wine great in every vintage. The vines are grown on plots where the land is located at the point between the slopes down from the wasteland and the alluvial plain. The soil nearest the surface is made out of fine colluvial deposits from the hillside with small fragment of limestone. There is abundant quartz gravel deeper down in a sandy main soil. There are many angular limestone boulders on the surface. Red wine made in controlled fermentation using native yeast in wooden tanks. Malolactic fermentation also takes place in wood. After its fermentation, its goes through what is probably the world's longest ageing of a red wine, almost 10 years between wood and bottle. The different stages take place in different types of barrel: American and French wood, new and used 225-litre barrels, 20,000-litre vats, each batch is what determines the type of wood and the time spent in each container. After the stage in the wood, it is aged in the bottle to complete a long and complex ageing process. It will normally spend 6 years in wood and three in the bottle. The different elements in its preparation are fine-tuned in the search of the master line that has guided the wine. Único remains true to a clear and well-defined style, with an inimitable character and style; elegance, strength, ageing capacity... A unique and timeless taste that has elevated it to among the aristocracy of the great classic wines. It offers an infinite complexity that is gradually revealed, in every sip, the palate immensely silky and elegant, and has an ageing capacity that only a handful of wines in the world can claim.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Bodegas Vega Sicilia S.A., 47359 Valbuena de Duero, Valladolid, Spanien|