- 96 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Luis Gutierrez: "Neal Martin had already tasted the 2005 Único in 2012, before I joined The Wine Advocate, but then they released 2007 and 2008 before and the 2005 has been kept until now, as they thought the vintage required some more time in bottle. It's mostly Tempranillo with some 6% Cabernet Sauvignon, fermented with indigenous yeasts in oak vats and aged for almost six years in 225-liter French and American oak barrels and 20,000-liter oak vats. The extra time in bottle has helped the wine to develop its bouquet, and it feels very aromatic and open, with the classical Vega Sicilia perfume of yesteryear, earthy, leafy and spicy, even if they wine was kept because of its power. It's still powerful, but at the same time it's elegant and has a polished mouthfeel and fine-grained tannins. 93,545 bottles, 2,391 magnums, 146 double magnums and six imperials produced. It was bottled in June 2011. Next year they will release the 2006, and the following vintage to be released in 2019, will be 2009. Further than that they don't know, as the only newer vintage in bottle today is 2010 and they are about to bottle 2011 now."
- 95 Punkte und "Editor's Choice" WINE ENTHUSIAST, Michael Schachner: "Earthy, spicy plum and berry aromas here suggest full ripeness. Tight, scratchy tannins lend the otherwise soft and ripe palate some grip. Lightly oaked flavors of tobacco, dried cherry and raspberry grow more chocolaty and raisiny on the finish. This is an Unico to drink over the next dozen years."
- 95 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, Thomas Matthews: "This polished red offers flavors of tobacco, cedar and leather, with a core of cherry and tea. Firm tannins support the thick, smooth texture, while lively acidity keeps this balanced. Harmonious and long. Drink now through 2028. 7,500 cases made."
- 97 Punkte VINOUS, Josh Raynolds: "(fermented in large oak tanks and aged for six years in new French and American oak barriques) Saturated ruby. Explosively perfumed aromas of fresh ripe red fruits, floral oils, pipe tobacco and incense take on sexy vanilla and woodsmoke nuances as the wine opens up. Densely packed yet shockingly lithe on the palate, offering intense cherry liqueur, red currant and spicecake flavors given spine by a core of juicy acidity. Shows superb energy and clarity, finishing sweet, smoky and extremely long; velvety tannins add gentle grip."
- 18 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, Julia Harding: "All new oak. Deep leathery garnet with bricky rim. Sweet and leathery on the nose. A hint of undergrowth but still has a surprising amount of fruit. Super-sweet in its fruit and gentle decay, with finest of tannins, just a very fine grain, and that leathery finish. There’s a firm grip even though the tannins are resolved. Deep and firm and incredibly long. Still very much a promise though delicious now. So long. A little more earthy and less elegant than the Reserva Especial and more muscular."
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|Inhalt:||1,5 l Magnum|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||96 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Tempranillo Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Region:||Ribera del Duero|
|Reben:||94% Tempranillo, 6% Cabernet Sauvignon|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Bodegas Vega Sicilia S.A., 47359 Valbuena de Duero, Valladolid, Spanien|