- 98 Punkte DECANTER: "The Togni family's 2014 reveals a beautifully complex bouquet of plum, black cherry, clove, sweet tobacco, cocoa nib and hints of mountain laurel. On the palate the tannins are very silky and refined, especially by the standards of this site, framing a wine with great concentration, depth and acid line. A supremely graceful Cabernet and a worthy successor to the profound 2013."
- 94+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE: "The flagship wine, the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate from his vineyard high on Spring Mountain is a blend of 82% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 2% Cabernet Franc and 1% Petit Verdot. It seems slightly more approachable and civilized for a young Togni wine, with a dense ruby/purple color, loads of blackcurrant, licorice, and graphite, some earth and spice, but very subtle earth nuances. It is full-bodied and rich, but the tannins are well-integrated and don?t scream as loudly as some vintages of Togni can. For Togni, this is probably one of his more forward and precociously styled Cabernets. It will probably approach drinkability in several years, but don?t discount its aging potential, as this easily has 20-25 years of cellaring potential."
- 97 Punkte VINOUS Antonio Galloni: "Togni's 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate is quite dark and powerful, but also very much medium in body. Graphite, smoke, savory herbs, mint, leather and a core of inky dark red and purplish fruit infuse this deep, beautifully layered Cabernet Sauvignon. The 2014 is a wine built on energy and aromatics that won't hit its stride until at least age ten."
- 97 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is a truly remarkable showing from one of Napa Valley?s most legendary producers Philip Togni, who?s daughter Lisa is now in charge of the winemaking duties. Year after year, Philip Tongi?s wines are simply brilliant and this vintage is certainly no exception. Lead by striking aromas of dark cherries and blackcurrants laced with spring florals, graphite, spices, tobacco and subtle herbal nuances all taking shape. On this palate beautifully structured Cabernet displays sheer class, with gorgeous polished tannins and remarkable overall balance and depth through the long finish. This is one of the most compelling wines from the entire region in this vintage and another addition to the incredible list of great wines from Philip Togni. (Best 2022-2036)"
- 94 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: " Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate has a wonderfully earthy nose of truffles, tilled soil and mossy bark over a core of fresh blackcurrants, black plums and blueberry pie with a waft of bay leaves. The palate is medium-bodied, elegant and refreshing with a beautiful quiet intensity and great freshness, finishing long and earthy."
- 94 Punkte WINESPECTATOR: "This has the dark fruit and loam edges of a mountain fruit?based wine, with waves of warm cassis and ganache that are expressive and velvety in feel, while menthol, sage and bay leaf notes fill in the background. Grippy yet inviting, with the flavors melding wonderfully through the long finish, where a sense of freshness pervades. Best from 2020 through 2040."
|Parker Wine Advocate:||94 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||97 IWR|
|% vol Alk:||14|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Fine Wine GmbH, Apetlonerstr. 20, 7142 Illmitz, Österreich|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Philip Togni Vineyard, 3780 Spring Mountain Road, St. Helena, Napa Valley, CA 94574, USA|