- 92 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Monica Larner: "A deft and bright blend to serve with a platter of creamy Camembert wedges, the 2018 Guidalberto is 60% Cabernet Sauvignon supplemented with 40% Merlot, showing a smooth and silky delivery of aromas with black fruit and sour cherry backed by spice, pressed flower and tilled earth. These are fragrant and delicate results fitted to a medium-weight finish that is driven by freshness and elegant tannins. This is an important release of 415,000 bottles."
- 92 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Kerin O'Keefe: "Made with 60% Cabernet Sauvignon and 40% Merlot, this smooth red opens with aromas of cassis, vanilla, violet and a whiff of bell pepper. Racy and delicious, the linear palate doles out juicy red currant, black cherry and vanilla set against lithe tannins. Bright acidity keeps it balanced and fresh. Drink through 2025."
- 90 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, Bruce Sanderson: "This red combines cherry and blackberry fruit with hints of earth and wild herbs, framed by a light oaky undertone. Firm and linear, with fine balance and a lingering finish. Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Drink now through 2024. 17,200 cases made."
- 92 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "San Guido’s 2018 Guidalberto is soft, open-knit and inviting. Sweet dark cherry, cinnamon, licorice and new leather fill out the layers in an undeniably attractive Guidalberto that will drink beautifully upon release. Finesse and elegance are the signatures. The 2018 is a terrific choice for drinking now, while some of the more powerful vintages of Guidalberto come together, or while waiting for its sibling, Sassicaia."
- 93 Punkte FALSTAFF: "Edles Granat. Würzig-speckige Nase, leicht reduktiv, dann nach getrockneten Tomaten, hellem Leder und satten Kirschen. Am Gaumen elegant und geschliffen mit kompakter Frucht und salzigem Unterton, klarer Verlauf, harmonisch und mit viel Finesse."
- 16,5 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "Sassicaia's little brother made from 60% Cabernet Sauvignon and 40% Merlot from a very satisfactory vintage.
There is so much Tuscan tang to this wine that I wouldn't be remotely surprised if someone told me it contained a little of Tuscany's signature grape Sangiovese. This is appetising rather than luscious. Nicely balanced and much more accessible now than the current 2017 vintage of Sassicaia. No more than medium bodied. Clean and neat."
- 91 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Easy and layered with cherry and chocolate aromas and flavors. Medium body, soft tannins and a savory finish. Drink now."
|Wine Enthusiast:||92 WE|
|James Suckling:||91 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||92 RPWA|
|Jancis Robinson:||16,5 JR|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||60 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 40 % Merlot|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Soil composition: Soils have different morphological characteristics with a high incidence of limestone areas rich in clay and stones; they are situated between 100 and 300 meters above the sea level facing South / South-West. Vine training: Cordon spur system Planting density: 6.250 vine stocks per Ha Climate: A very good vintage that influenced in a very positive way the wines of 2015. After a mildand rainy winter, the vegetative start was in the second week of April with the arrival of spring and higher temperatures. The spring rains helped a lot the vegetation and ensured the water supply for the following summer. The excellent flowering ended in late May, and the perfectsetting favored by a good climate. In June and mid-July temperatures were above the seasonal average, but by the end of July the temperatures got lowered returning to the average thanks to a long rainy day, really good for the vines. Rains helped a lot avoiding any physiological stress for the vines and helping them growing the grapes favoring veraison. The good temperature range between day and night that occurred from late August helped an optimal phenolic ripeness of the grapes. Grapes were of an excellent quality, perfectly ripened, pretty cool and crisp. The great structure and the elegant, soft tannins are the main elements of this vintage. Harvest: The harvest, strictly manual, began on 1st September with Merlot till the end of the month with the picking of Cabernet Sauvignon. Healthy and perfectly ripe grapes. Wine making: The very gentle crushing and destemming of the clusters of grapes was followed by fermentation in temperature controlled stainless steel vats (between 30° -31° C, only using the vineyard’s native yeast). The maceration on the skins lasted 10 to 11 days for Merlot and lasted 10 to 14 days for Cabernet Sauvignon. It was followed by pumpovers of the musts and délestagesin order to soften the wine tannins. The malolactic fermentation also took place in stainless steel vats. Ageing time: Following the malolactic fermentation the wine was aged 15 months in French and partially American oak barrels. It is released on the market after an additional few months of ageing in the bottle.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Tenuta San Guido, Societa Agricola C.I.T.A.I., Compagnia Italiana Terreni Allevamento e Impianti S.p.A. a socio unico, Loc. Le Capanne n. 27, I-57022 Bolgheri (LI)|
In der aktuellen Sprache gibt es keine Bewertungen.