- 92+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Monica Larner: "A blend of mostly Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, the 2017 Guidalberto appeals to the more informal side of sophisticated drinking. By that I mean it makes a great choice at lunch or for family dinners. Despite the accessibility and dense concentration of the fruit, especially evident in a warm vintage such as this, the wine's pedigree is evident in terms of the careful management of the structure and acidity. My samples were a little closed at first and needed some extra coaxing. Once open, the wine shows the dark fruit and exuberance of this hot vintage in Tuscany."
- 93 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Kerin O'Keefe: "Subtle aromas of cedar, cassis, tobacco and a whiff of camphor slowly take shape in the glass. A blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon and 40% Merlot, the tightly knit, elegant palate delivers dried black cherry, red currant, blood orange and licorice while fine-grained tannins provide tight support. It closes on a coffee-bean note."
- 92 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, Bruce Sanderson: "A youthful, sinewy red, with plum, black cherry, cedar and spice flavors wrapped in a thick texture and mouthcoating tannins. Stays vivid and long on the finish, where the sweet, ripe fruit prevails. Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Best from 2021 through 2035. 25,000 cases made"
- 92 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2017 Guidalberto is dark, sumptuous and quite powerful. Even with the extremes of the punishing growing season, the 2017 comes through beautifully, showing remarkable clarity and precision. Black cherry, plum, lavender and spice notes are pushed forward, but it is the wine's structure that gives energy and a real sense of direction. Time in the glass brings out an attractive red berry and floral character that adds freshness."
- 94 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Fresh herbs, cedar, black raspberries, orange peel and citrus. Very balanced and focused on the palate, thanks to cutting acidity, but with firm, chewy tannins that envelop a plethora of red fruit. Drink now."
|Wine Enthusiast:||93 WE|
|James Suckling:||94 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||92 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||60 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 40 % Merlot|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Soil composition: Soils have different morphological characteristics with a high incidence of limestone areas rich in clay and stones; they are situated between 100 and 300 meters above the sea level facing South / South-West. Vine training: Cordon spur system Planting density: 6.250 vine stocks per Ha Climate: A very good vintage that influenced in a very positive way the wines of 2015. After a mildand rainy winter, the vegetative start was in the second week of April with the arrival of spring and higher temperatures. The spring rains helped a lot the vegetation and ensured the water supply for the following summer. The excellent flowering ended in late May, and the perfectsetting favored by a good climate. In June and mid-July temperatures were above the seasonal average, but by the end of July the temperatures got lowered returning to the average thanks to a long rainy day, really good for the vines. Rains helped a lot avoiding any physiological stress for the vines and helping them growing the grapes favoring veraison. The good temperature range between day and night that occurred from late August helped an optimal phenolic ripeness of the grapes. Grapes were of an excellent quality, perfectly ripened, pretty cool and crisp. The great structure and the elegant, soft tannins are the main elements of this vintage. Harvest: The harvest, strictly manual, began on 1st September with Merlot till the end of the month with the picking of Cabernet Sauvignon. Healthy and perfectly ripe grapes. Wine making: The very gentle crushing and destemming of the clusters of grapes was followed by fermentation in temperature controlled stainless steel vats (between 30° -31° C, only using the vineyard’s native yeast). The maceration on the skins lasted 10 to 11 days for Merlot and lasted 10 to 14 days for Cabernet Sauvignon. It was followed by pumpovers of the musts and délestagesin order to soften the wine tannins. The malolactic fermentation also took place in stainless steel vats. Ageing time: Following the malolactic fermentation the wine was aged 15 months in French and partially American oak barrels. It is released on the market after an additional few months of ageing in the bottle.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Tenuta San Guido, Societa Agricola C.I.T.A.I., Compagnia Italiana Terreni Allevamento e Impianti S.p.A. a socio unico, Loc. Le Capanne n. 27, I-57022 Bolgheri (LI)|