- 94+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Monica Larner: "This wine is showing exceptionally well in this classic vintage. The 2016 Guidalberto (Cabernet Sauvignon and a smaller percentage of Merlot) opens to a full and generous bouquet and a beautifully rich and velvety appearance. This edition of Tenuta San Guido's mid-level wine offers a bigger aromatic profile, more texture and more volume as well. Dark cherry and blackberry segue to spice, tar, leather and sweet fruit at the end. The mouthfeel is elegantly shaped, silky and nuanced. This may well be the best vintage of Guidalberto I have yet to taste?and you can get this wine at a great price too."
- 91 Punkte WINESPCTATOR, Bruce Sanderson: "Shy on the nose and a touch grassy, this is lean and elegant, with black cherry, black currant, earth and spice flavors. Dense tannins underscore everything, and this finishes long. Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Drink now through 2024. 25,000 cases made."
- 90 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2016 Guidalberto is a delicious wine from Tenuta San Guido. Dark, plush and enveloping, the 2016 offers plenty of near and medium-term appeal. Succulent black cherry, blackberry, chocolate and grilled herb notes are nicely pushed forward in this juicy, mid-weight wine. Floral notes reappear to give the 2016 an attractive, perfumed finish. In 2016, Guidalberto is a wine of finesse and nuance, with lovely persistence and balance."
- 17 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, Walter Speller: "60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot.
Inviting red and dark fruit nose. Ripe but with freshness. Surprisingly elegant palate with plenty of depth."
- 94 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The 2016 Guidalberto is a sensational showing in this vintage. This begins with aromas of cherries and red plums, which come together with floral, spices and fresh minerality to fill the glass. On the palate this is medium-plus bodied, with excellent overall structure and finesse. This continues to impress as it displays outstanding balance and precision with a gorgeous silky mouthfeel and wonderful length on the pretty finish. This is already outstanding, but should also have a fantastic evolution ahead over the course of the next decade and beyond."
- 95 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This is extremely perfumed with aromas of lavender, cinnamon, blackberries, bark and blackcurrants. Full-bodied, extremely refined and polished. Gorgeous fruit and balance. Best ever bottling of this pretty wine from the producers of Sassicaia? Drink or hold."
|James Suckling:||95 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||94 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||94 IWR|
|Jancis Robinson:||17,0 JR|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||60 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 40 % Merlot|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Soil composition: Soils have different morphological characteristics with a high incidence of limestone areas rich in clay and stones; they are situated between 100 and 300 meters above the sea level facing South / South-West. Vine training: Cordon spur system Planting density: 6.250 vine stocks per Ha Climate: A very good vintage that influenced in a very positive way the wines of 2015. After a mildand rainy winter, the vegetative start was in the second week of April with the arrival of spring and higher temperatures. The spring rains helped a lot the vegetation and ensured the water supply for the following summer. The excellent flowering ended in late May, and the perfectsetting favored by a good climate. In June and mid-July temperatures were above the seasonal average, but by the end of July the temperatures got lowered returning to the average thanks to a long rainy day, really good for the vines. Rains helped a lot avoiding any physiological stress for the vines and helping them growing the grapes favoring veraison. The good temperature range between day and night that occurred from late August helped an optimal phenolic ripeness of the grapes. Grapes were of an excellent quality, perfectly ripened, pretty cool and crisp. The great structure and the elegant, soft tannins are the main elements of this vintage. Harvest: The harvest, strictly manual, began on 1st September with Merlot till the end of the month with the picking of Cabernet Sauvignon. Healthy and perfectly ripe grapes. Wine making: The very gentle crushing and destemming of the clusters of grapes was followed by fermentation in temperature controlled stainless steel vats (between 30° -31° C, only using the vineyard?s native yeast). The maceration on the skins lasted 10 to 11 days for Merlot and lasted 10 to 14 days for Cabernet Sauvignon. It was followed by pumpovers of the musts and délestagesin order to soften the wine tannins. The malolactic fermentation also took place in stainless steel vats. Ageing time: Following the malolactic fermentation the wine was aged 15 months in French and partially American oak barrels. It is released on the market after an additional few months of ageing in the bottle.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Tenuta San Guido, Societa Agricola C.I.T.A.I., Compagnia Italiana Terreni Allevamento e Impianti S.p.A. a socio unico, Loc. Le Capanne n. 27, I-57022 Bolgheri (LI)|