- 94 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Fantastic fruit on the nose with currant, apricot and orange aromas that follow through to a full body. Extremely fine tannins and a bright finish. A tight yet generous red with so much going on. Best ever. A blend of 70% cabernet sauvignon and 30% merlot."
- 93 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST: "Redcurrant, blue flower, cedar and a hint of pine forest are just some of the aromas you'll find on this fragrant red. A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, the bright, savory palate doles out juicy raspberry, red cherry, tobacco and white pepper alongside fine-grained tannins while a licorice note graces the close. Enjoy through 2027."
- 91 Punkte WINESPECTATOR: "Bright black currant and blueberry fruit shine in this red, accented by a dusting of wild herbs, mineral and spice. Turns compact and slightly chewy on the finish, with moderate grip. Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Best from 2019 through 2028. 25,000 cases made."
- VINOUS Antonio Galloni: "The 2015 Guidalberto is a delicious, mid-priced red from Tenuta San Guido. Here, too the style is quite restrained for a wine that in the past has played more on textural richness and volume. At times, Guidalberto was richer and more voluptuous in style than Sassicaia, but the 2015 is done in a style that is more similar to that of its big brother. It remains to be seen if that is a true stylistic shift or simply a reflection of the 2015 vintage. In any event, the 2015 is very pretty. Sweet Cabernet Sauvignon aromatics, pliant red-toned fruit and mid-weight structure are the signatures."
- 91 Punkte FALSTAFF: "Nobles Rubinrot. Vielschichtig mit einem Hauch grünen Paprikanoten, welche elegant wirken, auch reife Kirschen und Himbeeren, anregend. Straff und satt in Ansatz und Verlauf, zeigt viel präsente Beerenfrucht, öffnet sich mit zupackenden, kernigem Tannin, langer Nachhall."
- 91 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The 2015 Guidalberto is a lovely showing in this vintage. This elegant blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon/40% Merlot opens to attractive aromas of fresh blackberries, violets, exotic spices, tobacco, graphite and wet stones, all taking shape beautifully in the glass. On the palate this possesses a medium-plus body and displays excellent balance with a gorgeous silky texture along with a mineral driven core, which is framed by tobacco and spice notes that continue to linger on the finish. While today this is still quite youthful, it certainly has the makeup to evolve gracefully and should begin to hit its stride in just a few years. (Best 2019-2029)"
|Wine Enthusiast:||93 WE|
|James Suckling:||94 JS|
|International Wine Report:||91 IWR|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||60 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 40 % Merlot|
|% vol Alk:||13,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Soil composition: Soils have different morphological characteristics with a high incidence of limestone areas rich in clay and stones; they are situated between 100 and 300 meters above the sea level facing South / South-West. Vine training: Cordon spur system Planting density: 6.250 vine stocks per Ha Climate: A very good vintage that influenced in a very positive way the wines of 2015. After a mildand rainy winter, the vegetative start was in the second week of April with the arrival of spring and higher temperatures. The spring rains helped a lot the vegetation and ensured the water supply for the following summer. The excellent flowering ended in late May, and the perfectsetting favored by a good climate. In June and mid-July temperatures were above the seasonal average, but by the end of July the temperatures got lowered returning to the average thanks to a long rainy day, really good for the vines. Rains helped a lot avoiding any physiological stress for the vines and helping them growing the grapes favoring veraison. The good temperature range between day and night that occurred from late August helped an optimal phenolic ripeness of the grapes. Grapes were of an excellent quality, perfectly ripened, pretty cool and crisp. The great structure and the elegant, soft tannins are the main elements of this vintage. Harvest: The harvest, strictly manual, began on 1st September with Merlot till the end of the month with the picking of Cabernet Sauvignon. Healthy and perfectly ripe grapes. Wine making: The very gentle crushing and destemming of the clusters of grapes was followed by fermentation in temperature controlled stainless steel vats (between 30° -31° C, only using the vineyard?s native yeast). The maceration on the skins lasted 10 to 11 days for Merlot and lasted 10 to 14 days for Cabernet Sauvignon. It was followed by pumpovers of the musts and délestagesin order to soften the wine tannins. The malolactic fermentation also took place in stainless steel vats. Ageing time: Following the malolactic fermentation the wine was aged 15 months in French and partially American oak barrels. It is released on the market after an additional few months of ageing in the bottle.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Tenuta San Guido, Societa Agricola C.I.T.A.I., Compagnia Italiana Terreni Allevamento e Impianti S.p.A. a socio unico, Loc. Le Capanne n. 27, I-57022 Bolgheri (LI)|