- 97+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Made of 89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Cabernet Franc and 4% Petit Verdot, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is deep garnet-purple in color and prances out of the glass with vivacious blackberries, crushed black cherries, warm black currants and red currant jelly scents plus exotic hints of cassia, cardamom, fenugreek and star anise with a waft of underbrush. Medium-bodied, the palate has fantastic energy and beautiful poise, with bags of bright, crunchy black and red fruit plus a firm, fine-grained texture, finishing long and spicy."
- 96 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Virginie Boone: "This is from the producer's organically farmed estate and blended with 7% Cabernet Franc and 4% Petit Verdot. A beautiful, elegant and youthful wine, it offers seamless texture and integration, quiet hints of blueberry and black currant and a hint of cocoa powder. Gentle in nature and approach, it has a complex depth and more to say. Enjoy best from 2027 through 2037."
- 95 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "Features a sleek and racy edge, with damson plum, bitter cherry and black currant fruit working together, revealing pinpoints of savory, sage and iron scattered throughout. The mouthwatering finish shows the vintage's slightly brambly grip, but with superior integration and energy to most of its peers. Best from 2022 through 2038. 4,019 cases made."
- 96 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "Spottswoode's 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon has been simply tremendous on both occasions I have tasted it so far. Sweet red cherry, red plum, flowers and mint give the 2017 striking freshness to complement its decidedly mid-weight structure. The intense heat of the vintage caused ripening to slow down and yielded a wine with just 13.7% alcohol, which is low for both the estate and Napa Valley in general. Spottswoode was one of the first estates in the valley to adopt a more moderate approach to farming and that really paid off in 2017, as a wine of this level in that year could have only resulted from impeccable farming. In a word: magnificent!"
- 97 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The 2017 Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon is absolutely fantastic, and one of the highlights of the entire vintage. 2017 presented its challenges, with hail, hot summer temperatures and wildfire, but Spottswoode was able to complete harvest before the fires began and they had no impact on the wines. The wine itself is composed of 89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Cabernet Franc and 4% Merlot which spent 20 months in French oak (60% new). The result is a seductive wine that displays a wonderful combination of elegance and power. Aromas of ripe blackberries and currants are woven together with fresh florals, spices, cocoa powder, pipe tobacco, graphite and hints of dried which sage all take shape beautifully. On the palate this is just as impressive, offering a gorgeous medium to full body, with a velvety texture that is concentrated and focused. Structured, balanced and complex this is a stunning wine that has the potential to evolve gracefully for decades, however it will require a bit more patience before it hits its stride."
- 96 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "One of the wines of the vintage, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate shows what a great terroir and winemaking team can do even in very challenging vintages. Offering full-bodied aromas and flavors of jammy cassis and blackberry fruits as well violets and tobacco, it has wonderful tannins, a seamless texture, and a good spine of acidity. This is a classic, balanced, impeccably put-together Spottswoode that will keep for 25-30 years."
- 96 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "A soft, velvety red with dark-berry, blackcurrant and plum aromas and flavors. Medium-bodied, creamy and delicious. Pretty tension of fruit and tannins. Very refined. 89% cabernet sauvignon, 7% cabernet franc and 4% petit verdot. Drink or hold."
|Wine Enthusiast:||96 WE|
|James Suckling:||96 JS|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||96 JD|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||97 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||97 IWR|
|Rebsorte(n):||Malbec Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||Cabernet Sauvignon 92%, Malbec 4%, Cabernet Franc 2%, Petit Verdot 2%|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Another product of the phenomenal 2013 vintage, this is quite simply an incredible Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, offering a wine made with the same care and intention as our Spottswoode Cabernet. Made predominantly from our own estate grapes, the Lyndenhurst offers another compelling expression of our famed Spottswoode Estate Vineyard. This wine was made using 73% fruit from our own estate as well as grapes carefully selected from a handful of conscientious growers who share our mindful and quality-focused approach to farming. This exceptional and highly regarded wine has the depth and complexity to age gracefully—it is a bright and beautifully balanced Napa Valley Cabernet with abundant youthful appeal. Winemaker Notes: Firm, youthful, juicy, fresh blackberries, black cherries and rose petals with coffee and dark chocolate. Dense and rich. Expressive. Great freshness and vivacity with a corresponding richness and power. Cedar with some cream and graham cracker crust. A long finish. Impressive and exceptional—a great deal of potential. We have great enthusiasm for this wine!|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Schlumberger, Buschstr. 20, 53340 Meckenheim|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery, 1902 Madrona Avenue, St. Helena, California 94574, USA|
In der aktuellen Sprache gibt es keine Bewertungen.