- 100 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is still very tight and youthful, slowly unfurling to reveal a multifaceted wine with tons of black, blue and red fruit sparks?plums, cherries, black currants and red currants?with dark chocolate, cedar chest, black tea and red roses in the background plus wafts of pencil lead and prosciutto. Medium-bodied and firmly textured by superbly ripe, grainy tannins, it has a fantastic core of intense, complex layers, finishing on an edifying mineral note. Wow!"
- 96 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "Beautifully rendered, with a focused beam of gently mulled red and black currant fruit that glides through atop a subtle but persistent loamy structure. Light tea and alder notes fill in throughout, ending with a wave of fruit that is alluringly lined with latent mineral tension. Best from 2021 through 2040. 4,030 cases made."
- 96 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is elegant, plush and silky, like the 2012, but with a little more of everything. Dark cherry, plum, licorice, leather and espresso are all nicely lifted by the natural freshness of the year. At present, the 2016 is a bit shy, but it undoubtedly has a very bright future. Floral, perfumed notes add the closing shades of nuance. Spottswoode's Cabernet is quite gracious in 2016, not to mention incredibly delicious."
- 100 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "A perfect wine is the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate, composed of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc, and 6% Petit Verdot, which is a classic blend from this incredible estate. Sporting a deep purple color as well as an extraordinary bouquet of ultra-pure creme de cassis, blueberries, camphor, scorched earth, and licorice, with subtle background oak, it hits the palate with a full-bodied, deep, powerful texture that carries sweet tannins and blockbuster length. With a stacked mid-palate, straight-up awesome purity of fruit, and a huge finish, it's as classic and brilliant as it gets. Reminding me of the 2013 with its pure yet backward style, give bottles 4-5 years of bottle age and it will keep for 3-4 decades. Hats off to the team at Spottswoode for this legend in the making!"
- 95 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This blend of 85 per cent cabernet sauvignon, nine per cent cabernet franc and six per cent petit verdot has strikingly pure blackcurrant aromas and flavors. The palate has flavorful and fleshy, ripe mixed berries, cast in plush, seamlessly even tannins. Drink or hold."
|Wine Enthusiast:||Cellar Selection|
|James Suckling:||95 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||100 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||100 JD|
|Rebsorte(n):||Malbec Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||Cabernet Sauvignon 92%, Malbec 4%, Cabernet Franc 2%, Petit Verdot 2%|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Another product of the phenomenal 2013 vintage, this is quite simply an incredible Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, offering a wine made with the same care and intention as our Spottswoode Cabernet. Made predominantly from our own estate grapes, the Lyndenhurst offers another compelling expression of our famed Spottswoode Estate Vineyard. This wine was made using 73% fruit from our own estate as well as grapes carefully selected from a handful of conscientious growers who share our mindful and quality-focused approach to farming. This exceptional and highly regarded wine has the depth and complexity to age gracefully?it is a bright and beautifully balanced Napa Valley Cabernet with abundant youthful appeal. Winemaker Notes: Firm, youthful, juicy, fresh blackberries, black cherries and rose petals with coffee and dark chocolate. Dense and rich. Expressive. Great freshness and vivacity with a corresponding richness and power. Cedar with some cream and graham cracker crust. A long finish. Impressive and exceptional?a great deal of potential. We have great enthusiasm for this wine!|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Schlumberger, Buschstr. 20, 53340 Meckenheim|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery, 1902 Madrona Avenue, St. Helena, California 94574, USA|