- 98+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon has a drop-dead gorgeous nose of Sichuan pepper, hoisin, peppered salami and fertile loam over a core of blackberry preserves and redcurrant jelly with touches of kirsch and pencil shavings. Medium to full-bodied and concentrated yet still maintaining that wonderful purity and elegance that is the signature of this estate, it has layer upon layer of earthy nuances and a very long finish."
- 98 Punkte und "Cellar Selection" WINE ENTHUSIAST: "Nuanced, with 10% Cabernet Franc and 4% Petit Verdot, this is a quietly powerful wine, smooth and structured and immediate in its beauty, yet possessed of legs to cellar for 20-plus years. Crushed flowers and rocks open on the nose, providing a clutch of minerality, as grippy tannins support red currant, plum and a freshness of persistent acidity. Try to wait on this one. Best 2024?2034."
- 96 Punkte VINOUS Antonnio Galloni: "Spottswoode 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is striking. Black cherry, plum, graphite, spice and menthol are some of the signatures. Intensely mineral and savory, the 2014 comes across as a slightly restrained version of the 2013. The flavor and tannin profiles are both quite similar, but the 2014 is a bit smaller-scaled in all of its dimensions. That is not a bad thing, as the 2014 will be ready to drink sooner. This is an impressive showing."
- 97 Punkte DECANTER: "Under winemaker Aron Weinkauf, Spottswoode is producing more classical wines than ever, and the 2014 is one of the most tensile, tight-knit benchland Cabernets of the vintage. A classy bouquet of crushed cassis, damson, graphite and spice, subtly framed by new oak, is followed by a taut, firm palate with a serious chassis of fine but abundant tannins, and a lovely line of acidity that lends this Cabernet amazing length. Great concentration and incipient complexity; this just needs time. Drinking Window 2024 ? 2060"
- 18 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "Deep crimson. Richer and riper on the nose than the Kronos tasted immediately before, but with a distinctly bordelais structure: lots of ripe fruit but the tannin and acid dominate at the moment. Demands patience. Reassuring signs of complexity. But not yet ready."
- 97 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon is an absolutely sensational showing in this vintage. Composed of 86% Cabernet Sauvignon with 10% Cabernet Franc and 4% Petit Verdot, which as aged 20 months in French oak barrels (new 60%). As this unwinds in the glass, it releases seductive aromatics of ripe blackberries and dark currents woven together with spices, graphite, fresh florals and hints of cocoa all taking shape. Full-bodied and beautifully structured with remarkable depth and concentration. The tannins are beautifully polished, as this offers a wonderful opulent texture through the long finish. This is a total gem from the team at Spottswoode, and a highlight from the vintage that is not to be missed."
- 95 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate is another elegant, yet powerful wine from this estate. Made from 86% Cabernet Sauvignon and the rest Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Petit Verdot, its saturated purple color is followed by classic Cabernet notes of crème de cassis, violets, hints of tobacco leaf, bouquet garni, and a beautiful minerality that develops as the wine sits in the glass. Full-bodied, concentrated, and impeccably balanced, it lacks the Wow factor of the 2013 and 2015, yet is a classic and textbook as they come. Drink it anytime over the coming three decades."
- 96 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Amazing burnt-orange and currant aromas with tar and lead pencil. Blackberries, too. Changes all the time. Mesmerizing. Full-bodied and powerful with super-polished tannins and a long and intense finish. The polished and fine tannins coat your mouth. Glorious. Needs three to four years to soften."
|Wine Enthusiast:||Cellar Selection 98 WE|
|James Suckling:||96 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||18,0 JR|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||95 JD|
|International Wine Report:||97 IWR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||98 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Malbec Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||Cabernet Sauvignon 92%, Malbec 4%, Cabernet Franc 2%, Petit Verdot 2%|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Another product of the phenomenal 2013 vintage, this is quite simply an incredible Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, offering a wine made with the same care and intention as our Spottswoode Cabernet. Made predominantly from our own estate grapes, the Lyndenhurst offers another compelling expression of our famed Spottswoode Estate Vineyard. This wine was made using 73% fruit from our own estate as well as grapes carefully selected from a handful of conscientious growers who share our mindful and quality-focused approach to farming. This exceptional and highly regarded wine has the depth and complexity to age gracefully?it is a bright and beautifully balanced Napa Valley Cabernet with abundant youthful appeal. Winemaker Notes: Firm, youthful, juicy, fresh blackberries, black cherries and rose petals with coffee and dark chocolate. Dense and rich. Expressive. Great freshness and vivacity with a corresponding richness and power. Cedar with some cream and graham cracker crust. A long finish. Impressive and exceptional?a great deal of potential. We have great enthusiasm for this wine!|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur:||Schlumberger, Buschstr. 20, 53340 Meckenheim|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery, 1902 Madrona Avenue, St. Helena, California 94574, USA|