- 96 Punkte THE WINE FRONT, Campbell Mattinson: "Shaw + Smith Shiraz hits the jackpot.
Cracking shiraz. Pure, ripe, spicy, bold, long, savoury: the lot. Exquisitely well set with tannin. Blue, black and red berries. Crushed dry leaves, not to mention spices. Cloves. Cured meats. Fruit and then more. It’s a beauty. It finishes like a kite in a stiff steady breeze; it just wants to go and go and go. Drink 2019-2032+"
- 97 Punkte THE WINE COMPANION, Jane Faulkner: "Vibrant purple-black; seduces with swathes of dark cherries dipped in kirsch, florals, ferrous and woodsy spices, with toasty oak sewn to the shape of the fuller-bodied palate. Everything is in its place, creating an immaculate whole - the fine-grained tannins, the length, the freshness and detail. It's polished and totally convincing."
- 95 Punkte THE REAL REVIEW, Huon Hooke
- 95 Punkte THE REAL REVIEW, Toni Patterson
- 93 Punkte DECANTER, Tina Gellie: "Lovers of Côte-Rôtie will find plenty to enjoy here: generous, complex and layered aromas and flavours that run the gamut of bacon fat, chocolate, mulberry, raspberry, black pepper and anise to lifted violets and even tropical mango tones. At once massive yet poised, with a silky textured palate, well-integrated oak and lovely acid balance. Drinking Window 2020 – 2030"
- 16,5+ Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, Julia Harding: "Whole berry and whole bunch in open fermenters. 14 months in French oak, one-third new. Screwcap.
Deep smudgy crimson with opaque core and some slight browning at the rim. Such a contrast to the Exhibition Barolo 2016 just tasted: highlights the amazing diversity that is wine. This smells warm, rich and spicy but also has a more savoury smoked-meat quality that is as much Syrah as Shiraz, a tarry impression. Chewy, generous, full-bodied and still fresh with chocolate texture and flavour on the finish. Pretty powerful still – maybe it will settle down a little more but it gives lots of pleasure now. The tannins are just a little bit unresolved but I guess the screwcap has slowed down the evolution. Long, chewy finish but I'd wait a bit longer for this."
- 95 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "So beautiful and polished with extremely soft and tender tannins that give form to this ripe and enticing shiraz. Plums and wet earth, as well as dusty and grilled-meat undertones. Drink now. Screw cap."
|James Suckling:||95 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||16,5 JR|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||From low yielding vines predominantly at Balhannah, in the central Adelaide Hills, and Macclesfield, the warmer and drier sub-region to the south. Hand picked, sorted and fermented as a combination of whole berries and whole bunches in open fermenters, with gentle plunging and minimal working. Aged in French oak (30% new) for 14 months. 2015 was a remarkable vintage. Above average winter rainfall ensured a good start to the growing season and warm weather in late-December / early-January was moderated by useful rain on the 13th of January. The season concluded with mild, steady conditions and delivered fruit of wonderful quality to the winery.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Weinhandlung Martin Apell, Eugen Richter Strasse 109, 34134 Kassel|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Shaw + Smith Pty Ltd, 136 Jones Road, Balhannah, 5242, Australien|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.