- 100 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: " Very deep, vibrant purple-black colored, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select strides confidently out of the glass with expressive notions of blueberry preserves, Black Forest cake, cassis and cedar chest with touches of pencil lead, licorice, violets and sandalwood plus a an exotic waft of Indian spices. The rich, densely packed, full-bodied palate is at once thrillingly hedonic and perfectly poised, featuring a rock-solid frame of firm, exquisitely ripe tannins and tons of freshness, finishing epically long and with stunning opulence. Bravo! 2022-2062."
- 100 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select is a wine of extraordinary beauty. The purity of the flavors is simply striking, but what really stands out is the wine's mind-blowing balance and total sense of harmony. An exotic mélange of inky blue/purplish fruit, spice, new leather, lavender and licorice build as this sumptuous, dazzling Cabernet Sauvignon shows off its alluring personality. In a word: magnificent! 2023-2041."
- 100 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: “Pure perfection, the prodigious 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select reveals an even deeper purple/blue hue as well as extraordinary notes of unsmoked tobacco, crushed rocks, graphite, crème de cassis, and blueberries. With a massive, full-bodied profile and a texture that builds incrementally on the palate, it has a stacked mid-palate, ultra-fine (yet lots of them) tannins, flawless balance, and a monster of a finish. It’s tight and closed at the moment, so hide bottles for a solid 7-8 years. It should age at a glacier pace. 2027-2057."
- 98 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "A very complex nose here with fresh notes of violets, blueberries, cassis and forest-wood. The palate has a striking sense of power and purity with layers of glossy, ripe, fine tannins, interspersed with fresh blackcurrant and blueberry flavors. Impeccable poise and focus. Mouthwateringly fresh. Drink or hold."
- 98 Punkte und "Cellar Selection" WINE ENTHUSIAST, Virginie Boone: "Given 32 months in 100% new French oak, this is a tremendously structured, perfumed and intensely powerful wine from the producer's famous estate. Full-figured and richly woven in blueberry and cassis, it shows remarkable earthiness in the form of sage, dried herb, lavender and crushed rock, with silky tannins encasing it all and a finishing touch of dark chocolate. Enjoy best from 2026 through 2036."
|Wine Enthusiast:||98 WE Cellar Selection|
|James Suckling:||98 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||100 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||100 JD|
|% vol Alk:||15,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||2014: Opens with an aromatic wave of deep, intense fruit and spices such as black plum, blackberry pie filling, cassis, and anise, along with nutmeg, dark toast, and dried rose pedals. The energy in the nose is just as dramatic in the mouth with open, beautiful ripeness, mocha, briar fruit, pomegranate, baking spice, and ripe tannins that collectors will recognize as offering the promise of sensational things to come in the cellar. Drink now – 20 years.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Weinkontor Freund GmbH, Nienkamp 17, D-33829 Borgholzhausen|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Shafer Vineyards, 6154 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558, USA|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.