- 97-100 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "A barrel sample of 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, the deep purple-black colored 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select bursts with wild blueberries, boysenberries, black and red cherries and fresh blackcurrants with violets, pencil shavings, crushed rocks and tobacco nuances. Full-bodied, firm and grainy, the palate is built like a brick house with great freshness and energy, finishing long and vibrantly fruited. Great purity!"
- 96 Punkte und "Cellar Selection" WINE ENTHUSIAST, Virginie Boone: "Having spent three years in barrel, this 100% varietal wine (from the producer's famous hillside) is brawny in concentrated black fruit, Christmas spice and thick, firm tannin. A dusty thread of crushed rock, black licorice and flint provide exotic accents to the velvety thick grip. This will do well over time; enjoy best from 2025–2030."
- 96 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select is a total knock-out. Given the heat and tiny yields of the year, one might reasonably expect a big wine; this, however, has really grown into an elegant, polished Cabernet. Silky, perfumed and rich, the 2015 is exquisitely beautiful, super-elegant and expressive. Gorgeous dark red/purplish fruit, floral and spice inflections lead into the beautifully persistent finish."
- 98 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "I was able to taste four vintages of the estate’s flagship Cabernet Sauvignon, their Hillside Select. This first growth-like cuvée was first made in 1978 and always comes from their estate Hillside Vineyard just above their estate in Stags Leap. This is a 54-acre south-facing, amphitheater-like vineyard of thin, rocky, volcanic soils. Today the cuvée is always 100% Cabernet Sauvignon that spends upwards of 32 months in new French oak. It is consistently one of the greatest Cabernet Sauvignons in the world. Starting with their 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select, it boasts a deep, saturated purple hue as well as a heavenly bouquet of sweet blueberry and cassis fruits interwoven with plenty of graphite, tobacco, and lead pencil notes, with ample minerality emerging with time in the glass. This was a hot, low-yielding vintage for Napa, and while this beauty is massively concentrated, it’s also silky and seamless, with great tannins, no sense of over-ripeness or heaviness, and a finish that goes on for nearly a minute. This is a brilliant, incredibly sexy wine to enjoy over the coming 30-40 years."
- 98 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "There’s an intensely ripe, fresh and vibrant edge to this focused, elegant and assertively pure cabernet that delivers attractive blueberry and cassis aromas in stylish form. The palate arrives as a precise and focused suite of ripe blueberry and blackberry flavors, building smoothly to an attractively crisp and even-paced finish. Another superb edition of this wine. Drink or hold."
|Wine Enthusiast:||96 WE Cellar Selection|
|James Suckling:||98 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||99 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||98 JD|
|% vol Alk:||15,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||2014: Opens with an aromatic wave of deep, intense fruit and spices such as black plum, blackberry pie filling, cassis, and anise, along with nutmeg, dark toast, and dried rose pedals. The energy in the nose is just as dramatic in the mouth with open, beautiful ripeness, mocha, briar fruit, pomegranate, baking spice, and ripe tannins that collectors will recognize as offering the promise of sensational things to come in the cellar. Drink now – 20 years.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Weinkontor Freund GmbH, Nienkamp 17, D-33829 Borgholzhausen|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Shafer Vineyards, 6154 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558, USA|