- 92 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Stephan Reinhardt: "From younger vines up to 35 years old in the Felsenberg and Stromberg, the 2016 Nahe Riesling Trocken "Vulkangestein" opens with a very fine, tangy-spicy perfume, with vegetal and discreet fruit aromas intertwined with flinty/stony notes—fascinating! Fresh and piquant on the palate, with good fruit intensity and delicate minerality, this is a filigreed and finessed yet intense and elegant dry Riesling with a juicy-piquant finish. An impressive wine from up to 60% grade parcels. Tasted December 2017."
- 93 Punkte und "Cellar Selection" WINE ENTHUSIAST: "This is an invigorating, high-toned Riesling boasting bold lime and lemon flavors intensified by smoke and crushed stone. It's spry and medium bodied with softer fruitier tones of crisp white peach and grapefruit on the midpalate, but it needs a few years to meld into its muscular frame. Hold till 2021 at least."
- 90 Punkte WINESPECTATOR: "A well-defined Riesling displaying jasmine, blood orange and tropical fruit aromas and flavors. Intense acidity adds to the vivid structure and brings out a mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2021. 800 cases made."- 92 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "Fresh lime, white peach and red raspberry mingle with bittersweet floral perfume (gentian, iris) and maritime mineral notes on the nose as well as on the subtly creamy but animatingly, brightly juicy palate. This finishes lusciously full of fruit, yet with invigorating tang and a seemingly protein-rich savor of shrimp shell reduction and oyster liquor that tugs incessantly at the salivary glands."
- "Sehr gut" VINUM Weinguide 2019
- 17 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "More smoky than the Riesling trocken, nicely and noticeably reductive. Wild herbs and light lemon notes plus orange pith. Glorious piercing freshness and such finesse and complexity. Mouth-wateringly gorgeous and still so delicate."
- 93 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This still has a hint of smoky funk from the wild ferment, but also tons of lemon zest. Super racy, but not a jot too austere (can be a problem for dry wines from volcanic soils), this is a highly expressive wine that's also mouth-wateringly refreshing. Drink or hold. Screw cap."
|Wine Enthusiast:||93 WE Cellar Selection|
|James Suckling:||93 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||92 RPWA|
|Jancis Robinson:||17,0 JR|
|% vol Alk:||13,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Weingut Schäfer-Fröhlich, Schulstraße 6, 55595 Bockenau/Nahe|