- 98 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "A blend of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot and 5% Petit Verdot from 21 different lots from 11 different vineyards, the 2016 The Bard is very deep purple-black in color and sashays out of the glass with strikingly beautiful violets, warm cassis, star anise and chocolate mint notes with hints of wood smoke, tobacco and kirsch, with blackberry compote at the core. Full, muscular and built like a brick house with layer upon layer of black, blue and red fruits, it finishes very long and savory."
- 94 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Virginie Boone: "The Bard is 85% Cabernet Sauvignon this vintage, and the producer's largest production wine, which still is small and devoted to detail. Sweet red-cherry-liqueur flavor meets a grippy herbal undertone of forceful weight and power, the structure balanced and complex, yet immediately enjoyable."
- 95 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2016 The Bard is a big step up from preceding vintages. Dark and brooding, with tremendous intensity, the 2016 is a magical wine. Black cherry, plum, graphite, spice and licorice infuse the 2016 with striking dimensions of complexity, but more than anything else, the 2016 is a wine of pure and total pleasure."
- 94 Punkte DECANTER, Matthew Luczy: "The 2016 iteration of this Cabernet-based 'proprietary blend' is focussed and energetic. It has a higher-toned profile than the other two vintages tasted, carrying notes of black cherries, tar, sap and orange pulp throughout. Due to its youth it has a grainier tannin structure, which adds a nice layer of grit to the otherwise seamless finish. This is the first vintage made at Realm’s new winery, and around 2,500 cases were produced. Drinking Window 2022 – 2035"
- 98 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "Reminding me of a slightly fresher version of the 2013 (which is common for wines from the vintage), the 2016 The Bard checks in as 70% Cabernet Sauvignon with the rest Merlot, Cabernet Franc, and Petit Verdot. Still inky hued, with a gorgeous perfume of blue and black fruits, crushed stone, violets, and graphite, this awesome wine is full-bodied, flawlessly balanced, has perfectly ripe tannins, and a solid spine of acidity that keeps the wine surprisingly fresh and lively. This ultra-classic, concentrated, incredibly impressive Cabernet Sauvignon will keep for 30 years or more. While the 2012 and 2015 are in the more opulent style, this is closer in style to the 2013 and 2018."
- 97 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This is really glorious with blackberries and licorice. Lavender, too. Full body, round and soft tannins and a gorgeous center palate of ripe fruit and a fresh, linear finish. Drink or hold."
|Wine Enthusiast:||94 WE|
|James Suckling:||97 JS|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||98 JD|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||98 RPWA|
|% vol Alk:||14,50|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Bacchus-Vinothek, Oberndorfer Str. 2, 78628 Rottweil|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Realm Cellars, 5795 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558, USA|
In der aktuellen Sprache gibt es keine Bewertungen.