- 94+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Erin Brooks: "This is the second vintage of a Rochioli vineyard-designate Chardonnay made by Ramey. Grapes were sourced from vines planted between 1989 and 2005 and were fermented in barrel with bâtonnage, then aged in 21% new French oak for 20 months. The nose of the 2016 Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard opens with Meyer lemon, pulverized stone, lime peel and soft white flowers with touches of nuts and cream. Medium to full-bodied, it offers wonderful savory flavor layers of honeycomb and hazelnut with a gorgeous velvety texture and great length plus lots of mineral sparks coming through on the finish. 901 cases were produced, which will be released in June of 2019."
- 98 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Virginie Boone: "The second vintage of this vineyard-designate is a standout: beautifully crafted to reflect its meticulously farmed fruit and master winemaking. Brioche, honeyed apple, anise and pear wrap around crisp acidity and integrated oak, the wine's innate power balanced within an elegant framework of structure and graceful texture."
- 94 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, Kim Marcus: "Concentrated lemon meringue, peach pastry and apple flavors build the foundation of this focused and concentrated style. Buttery and spicy notes emerge on the pure-tasting finish. Drink now through 2024. 901 cases made."
- 94 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2016 Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard is powerful and dense in its first impression. It is also one of the more phenolic, structured Chardonnays in the range. There is a real sense of weight and textural resonance that runs through the fruit. Hints of lemon confit, dried flowers and dried pear meld into the creamy, layered finish."
- 95 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "One of my favorite releases from Ramey, the 2016 Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard comes from a Grand Cru site in the Russian River and has incredibly classic notes of white flowers, tart citrus, and subtle orchard fruits. It’s one of those wines that’s both powerful and elegant, with medium to full body, a great mid-palate, integrated acidity, and just everything in the right places. It’s a beautiful, layered, age-worthy Chardonnay to enjoy over the coming 10-15 years."
|Wine Enthusiast:||98 WE|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||94 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||95 JD|
|Region:||Russian River Valley|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Soil: Yolo sandy loam and overwash, derived from sedimentary formation in alluvial fans Clones: The Mid-40 block is clone 4 (planted in 1995) and clone 76 (planted in 1995 and 1998). River block is clone 5 (planted in 1998). The Allen Vineyard, which the Rochiolis have farmed for many years is clone 76 (planted in 2001 and 2005). Detail: The Rochioli family has lived on and farmed these vineyards for almost 80 years. AVA: Russian River Valley Varietal: Chardonnay|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Weingarten Eden, Am Pfarrstadl, 94086 Bad Griesbach/Karpfham|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Ramey Wine Cellars, PO Box 788, Healdsburg, CA 95448, USA|