- 94 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Erin Brooks: "The 2017 Chardonnay Ritchie Vineyard is perfumed with soft white blossoms, quince, beeswax and a nutty undercurrent. Medium-bodied and super silky, it expands to perfumed peachy fruit in the mouth, segueing to bright acidity and nutty nuances on the very long, energetic finish. 683 cases produced."
- 96 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Virginie Boone: "From a block planted in 1972 by the famous farmer, this outstanding white showcases salty stone and turned earth, with dried herb, baked lemon and green apple layered between powerful complexity and lasting elegance. Textured and youthful, it should be beautiful for years to come."
- 93 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, Kim Marcus: "Vividly spicy, with concentrated baked pear, apple pastry and dried apricot flavors, backed by glistening acidity. Lemon meringue and quince paste notes fill the rich finish. Best from 2021 through 2025. 683 cases made."
- 93 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2017 Chardonnay Ritchie Vineyard needs a bit of time in bottle to be at its most expressive. It shows fine depth, creaminess and energy, but the elements are not all put together just yet. Light apricot, butter and floral notes hint at what is to come."
- 94 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "Another spectacular showing from David Ramey in this vintage is the Ritchie Vineyard Chardonnay. This Chardonnay is old Wente selection which comes from old, gnarly trunked vines that are planted to gravelly, sandy Goldridge Loam, originating from the bed of an ancient inland sea, over volcanic Tuff rock which produce small clusters with distinct “hen and chick” berry sizes. The wine itself spent 20 months in 20% new French oak barrels and it opens to aromas of fresh sliced apples, lemon oil, white flowers, verbena, peach skin and subtle hints of a wet stoney mineral character that all take shape. On the palate this possesses a gorgeus rich texture and seamless mouthfeel, with outstanding overall balance of fruit and acidity keeping it fresh and vibrant through the finsh. This is a stunning Chardonnay from Ramey which is drinking beautifully today, yet also clearly shows its potential to evolve and become even more compelling over the course of the decade."
- 95+ Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "Seeing the standard 20 months in 20% new French oak, the 2017 Chardonnay Ritchie Vineyard comes from one of the Grand Cru sites in the Russian River Valley. It has remarkable purity and elegance to go with ample richness (which is the hallmark of this site) as well as notes of ripe lemon and citrus fruits, lots of spice and crushed rock-like minerality, medium to full-bodied richness, and a great finish. It's up with the top Chardonnay in the vintage but needs 2-3 years of bottle age. It's going to be drinking brilliantly at age 15."
|Wine Enthusiast:||96 WE|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||94 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||94 IWR|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||95 JD|
|Region:||Russian River Valley|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Soil: Pure sandy Goldridge Loam, originating from the bed of an inland sea Clones: Wente selection Detail: Situated directly in the center of the Russian River appellation, our block of Kent Ritchie's vineyard was planted in 1972 to the old Wente selection. Widely spaced—the fashion at the time—these old vines with their gnarly trunks produce tiny quantities of grapes per vine. The benchland soil is pure Goldridge Loam, common to great vineyards in this part of the Russian River Valley. AVA: Russian River Valley|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Weingarten Eden, Am Pfarrstadl, 94086 Bad Griesbach/Karpfham|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Ramey Wine Cellars, PO Box 788, Healdsburg, CA 95448, USA|
In der aktuellen Sprache gibt es keine Bewertungen.