- 95+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Erin Brooks: "Pow! The nose of the 2016 Chardonnay Ritchie Vineyard is gregarious with loads of melon, guava, peach and buttery touches plus lemon curd, pastry crust and caramel hints. Medium to full-bodied, it packs in a wallop of flavor layers—from luscious ripe fruits to bakery and mineral notes—framed by absolutely mouthwatering acidity and phenolic texture and finishing very long with amazing energy. Grapes for this wine come from vines planted in 1972. It fermented in barrel with bâtonnage and aged in 22% new French oak for 20 months. 898 cases produced, to be released in October 2019."
- 95 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Virginie Boone: "From older vines planted in the early 1970s, this is a knockout, standout wine, juicy and exotic in spicy lemongrass, lime and voluptuous intensity. Richly layered, it has a backbone of fresh acidity that keeps it intriguingly fresh and classically structured. In the end, it's supremely delicious."
- 94 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, Kim Marcus: "A firm, mineral-filled version, backed by powerful acidity, featuring rich toasty notes to the baked apple and dried pear flavors, with savory touches. Buttery accents emerge on the finish. Best from 2020 through 2025. 898 cases made."
- 95 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2016 Chardonnay Ritchie Vineyard is a standout in this range. Perfumed aromatics make a strong opening statement; white flowers, mint and white peach are all beautifully lifted. Refined and elegant to its core, the 2016 Ritchie is a fabulous wine. Don't miss it."
- 96 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "If I to pick one Chardonnay in the lineup, it would be the 2016 Chardonnay Ritchie Vineyard, a vibrant, pure, concentrated beauty that has loads of white flowers, citrus, and salty minerality. With medium to full body, bright acidity, and terrific balance, it has a touch of Chablis-like character (yet on steroids) and is a beautiful complete Chardonnay that can be drunk any time over the coming 10-15 years."
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||95 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||96 JD|
|Region:||Russian River Valley|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Soil: Pure sandy Goldridge Loam, originating from the bed of an inland sea Clones: Wente selection Detail: Situated directly in the center of the Russian River appellation, our block of Kent Ritchie's vineyard was planted in 1972 to the old Wente selection. Widely spaced—the fashion at the time—these old vines with their gnarly trunks produce tiny quantities of grapes per vine. The benchland soil is pure Goldridge Loam, common to great vineyards in this part of the Russian River Valley. AVA: Russian River Valley|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Weingarten Eden, Am Pfarrstadl, 94086 Bad Griesbach/Karpfham|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Ramey Wine Cellars, PO Box 788, Healdsburg, CA 95448, USA|