- 100 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Joe Czerwinski: "A new addition to the Penfolds lineup, the 2016 Bin 111A Shiraz is a blend of Clare (51%) and Barossa (49%) fruit from vineyards that have previously contributed to Grange. Aged in 100% new French oak, it's a rich, luxuriously textured wine that's packed with ripe fruit and finely textured tannins. Hints of grilled meat and exotic dried spices accent red raspberries and redcurrants in this full-bodied but exceptionally silky and elegant red that meets the high expectations for such a pricey bottling."
- 100 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This new Special Bin shiraz is stunning and has such wildly deep and dark fruit, in particular very rich dark cherries and plums and plenty of attractively spicy oak on offer here. Intense and packed with youthful fruit. There’s an entrancing build of really fine tannin, carrying pure, pristine and deep-set flavors of blackberries and ripe dark cherries. The finish is carried on incredibly long, muscular and velvety tannins. Such power and elegance, really setting a new style. This is exceptional. A glorious new rung at the top of the Australian wine ladder. 51% Clare, 49% Barossa, two single plots blended and matured in French oak for 18 months. Seductively drinkable now, but this will live for decades. Best from 2028."
- PETER GAGO, Penfolds Chief Winemaker: "Penfolds Special Bin 111A Clare Valley Barossa Valley Shiraz is an altogether new style. At once 'Special' – aromatically, structurally, texturally, cerebrally. Shiraz dressed differently."
- 19.5++/20 Punkte MATTHEW JUKES
- 98 Punkte RAY JORDAN
- DECANTER, Anthony Rose: "This brand new Special Bin Shiraz is sourced from fruit which regularly makes it into Grange, from two single-vineyard sites in the Clare (51%) and Barossa (49%) valleys. A new kid on the Penfolds block, it's framed by new French oak, and is deep, dark and brooding, with fine spicy aromatics of savoury pepper, liquorice and vanilla. This is followed by a richly chocolatey and concentrated dark berry character wrapped in a firm structure of tightly wound tannins and a fine blade of acidity. A beautifully balanced and well-crafted cross-regional blend, this has a lot of finesse and the potential for substantial ageing. Drinking Window 2023 – 2040"
|James Suckling:||100 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||100 RPWA|
|Im Weinkeller:||18 months in 100% new French oak hogsheads|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||The 2016 vintage provided an ideal opportunity to create a bona fide Penfolds Special Bin, rare and true to the Penfolds ‘House Style’. Two special Shiraz single-vineyard parcels were blended to create something beguilingly beautiful and different. The impact of the much-touted 2016 South Australian vintage on two vineyards from time-proven Grange growers has produced a Penfolds Shiraz of superb structure, balance and varietal definition. Both single-vineyard parcels reveal their own regional truths, highlighting the spoils of Clare Valley and Barossa Valley. This wine sensorial and structurally delivers more than the sum of its parts. Framed by French oak, the assemblage of Shiraz is altogether different. Indeed, an authentic Penfolds Special Bin that will reward and evolve with careful cellaring. Colour Deep dark red. Nose Via reference: 54% Clare Valley, 46% Barossa Valley. Via glass: 100% Penfolds. Clare aromatics immediately evident ...iodine, caper berries and grated dark chocolate. In parallel ... a concession of powerful, generous Barossa bread and butter pudding and blueberry fruits. ‘Cross-over’ Moroccan spices – cumin, fresh cardamom, turmeric – may have entwined to reinterpret source, but not variety. Oak? Conceded. Just. Palate Velvety. Completely engulfs. Tempers palate ... doesn’t attack or intimidate with alcohol or extract. A mix of bitter chocolate dust, wet bitumen and a maelstrom of dark fruits reflect the wine’s age and confirm derivation. And just what is that underlying almost molasses, not quite maple syrup richness? Best guess – a sweet soy, kecap manis shiraz flavour. Oak? Crafted and assembled so deftly, somehow perceptually dovetailed into tannins and infused into acidity. No gaps, no rough edges. Harmonious. Growing Regions Special Bin 111A is the first Special Bin blend of Clare Valley and Barossa Valley. Grapes were carefully selected from the Botanic Vineyard in Clare Valley and the Gersch Vineyard in Barossa, South Australia. When To Drink Will develop and evolve for many decades with careful cellaring. Peak drinking window 2022 - 2046.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Wein Wolf, Königswinterer Str. 552, 53227 Bonn|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Penfolds, Tanunda Road, Nurioopta, South Australia 5355, Australien|
In der aktuellen Sprache gibt es keine Bewertungen.