- 99 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: „Extremely perfumed and floral with lavender, lilacs and violets to the sweet, ripe berries, such as blackberries and blackcurrants. Some slate and graphite, too. It’s full-bodied, yet ever so balanced and refined, with super fine tannins that last for minutes. Fresh herbs, such as bay leaf and lemon grass highlight the dark fruit. The quality of tannin is exquisite with wonderful polish and refinement. Lasts for minutes. So wonderful to taste now, but better after 2026.“- 98 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: „Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, violette Reflexe, zarte Randaufhellung. Reife schwarze Beerenfrucht, Creme de Cassis, Nougat, süße Gewürze und etwas Vanille, sehr einladendes Bukett. Kraftvoll, schwarze Frucht nach Brombeeren, Cassis und süßen Pflaumen, straffe, aber reife Tannine, finessenreiches Säuregerüst unterlegt, zeigt sehr gute Länge, schokoladiger Touch im Nachhall, wird mit Reife noch weiter zulegen.“
- 98 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: „Very deep garnet-purple in color, the 2018 Opus One soars out of the glass with bright, bold boysenberries, warm cassis and ripe, juicy black plums notes, plus emerging nuances of lilacs, oolong tea, cinnamon stick, tilled soil and black truffles. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is packed with tightly wound layers of crunchy black fruits, supported by firm, grainy tannins and fantastic freshness, finishing with lifted fruitiness and on a lingering mineral note.“
- 18 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: „Full bottle 1,422 g. Bottle ID: D5WD-C6BX. (Looks like a Canadian zip code.) 'Idyllic growing conditions.' 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Petit Verdot, 5% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc, 1% Malbec. 18-day maceration with 80% ambient yeast, followed by 17 months in 100% new French oak.
Deep, lustrous crimson – with a pale rim! Nose of warmth and ripeness but not heaviness. As though from a ripe Bordeaux vintage but then the tannins are so much riper than on most red bordeaux. Tangy freshness on the finish – one can only guess at the number of sessions in the tasting room that went into this blend! (Interesting to see more Petit Verdot than Merlot or Cabernet Franc.) Some delicacy, which I'm sure was the aim. Quite bordelais but so much more accessible. With impressive persistence. Neat, minerally and fine-boned.“
- 97 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: „The 2018 Opus One is a blend of 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Petit Verdot, and the rest Merlot and Cabernet Franc. This deep purple-hued effort leans to lively, fresher side of the vintage but has a brilliant, utterly classic style in its crème de cassis and blue-tinged fruit as well as notes of lead pencil, candied violets, damp earth, and chocolate-like nuances. With a Pomerol-like elegance and purity, it's medium to full-bodied and has wonderful tannins, flawless balance, and a great finish. It plays in the finesse-driven end of the spectrum yet is concentrated and seamless, with serious length. It offers pleasure today but should benefit from 4-5 years in the cellar, and my money is on it evolving for 30 years or more.“
- 95 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: „The 2018 Opus One is incredibly elegant and polished, right out of the bottle. Silky tannins and lifted, perfumed aromatics add to an impression of finesse that distinguishes the 2018 from some of the preceding vintages in a pretty big way. It will be interesting to see if the 2018 gains body with a bit of time in bottle. It is pretty rare for Opus One to be so approachable at this stage.“
- 94 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: „The fruit is decidedly restrained in style, without the vivid punch typical of the vintage, but the gently mulled currant, cherry and bitter plum flavors are well-delineated and persistent, while notable savory, thyme and tobacco leaf notes play a prominent role alongside. There's a racy beam of acidity piercing through it all and a lingering iron note on the finish. An excellent example of the style. Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Malbec. Drink now through 2036. 32,400 cases made“.
|James Suckling:||99 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||18,0 JR|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||97 JD|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||98 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit VerdotCabernet SauvignonMerlotCabernet Franc|
|Reben:||84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Petit Verdot, 5% Merlot; 4% Cabernet Franc, 1% Malbec|
|Im Weinkeller:||18 days skin contact, 17 months in new French oak|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||The vineyards enjoyed idyllic growing conditions. Well timed rainfall just before budbreak provided the necessary water for canopy development. Flawless conditions ensued during flowering and fruit set which led to higher-than-average yields. harvest began on September 19th and commenced on October 25th. The Opus One 2018 offers profuse aromas of blackberry, cassis and black cherry, followed by elegant notes of violets, white pepper and rose petals. The seamlessly layered flavors build to a crescendo of fresh black-fruit, accented with hints of orange zest, licorice and dark chocolate. Beautifully balanced, the smooth round tannins and fresh acidity combine to create a soft, creamy mouthfeel and extend the flavors into a long persistent finish.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Ginestet, Carignan de Bordeaux, 33360 Latresne, Frankreich|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Opus One Winery, 7900 St. Helena Highway, P.O. Box 6,Oakville, CA 94562. Tel: +1-707-944-9442. http://de.opusonewinery.com/|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.