- 95 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Opus One had picked 91% of their fruit before the fires started in 2017, and only two lots were eliminated from consideration. The 2017 Opus One, bottled in July 2019, is a blend of 81% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8.5% Petit Verdot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 4.5% Merlot and 1% Malbec. Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, it slowly grows on the nose, revealing compelling notes of baked black cherries, mulberries, black raspberries, warm cassis and blackberry pie with nuances of spice cake, yeast extract, tapenade, licorice and dusty soil with a waft of wild sage. Medium-bodied, the palate has a lively skip in its step, featuring bags of juicy raspberry and cassis-laced fruit and a refreshing line, supported by ripe, plush tannins, finishing long and graceful."
- WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "This features currant and plum fruit, with tobacco, loam and singed savory notes, maintaining range and driving through the finish. The structure is fine-grained, delivering a lingering hint of acidity. A more subtle expression of Cabernet. Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Malbec. Best from 2022 through 2036. 27,800 cases made."
- 95+ Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "A remarkable wine for the year, the 2017 Opus One is a dense, full-throttle beauty. Plush fruit and soft, silky contours give the 2017 its racy personality. Exotic, beautifully perfumed and impeccable in its balance, Opus One is one of the most complete wines of the vintage. In 2017, Opus One has a distinctly red-toned fruit profile that distinguishes it from the surrounding vintages."
- 96 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "A fist of late summer cherries, raspberry and bilberry fruits set out their stall, all with the juicy character that confirms, even in a hot vintage like 2017, Opus can deliver balance and sculpted elegance. Beautiful grip, creamy texture with a strikingly powerful tannic frame. As the wine stays in the glass the floral aromatics begin to bloom up. A brilliant Opus. 20 days maceration - around half what it would have been a decade ago. 54% native yeast, as part of their native yeast project. 5% Merlot and 1% Malbec complete the blend. Harvest spread out over September 5 to October 8, just before the fires, by which time they had less than 10% of the fruit still out on the vines. 3.7pH. Drinking Window 2023 – 2045"
- 17,5 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Petit Verdot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 5% Merlot, 1% Malbec. 20-day maceration and then aged for 17 months in 100% new French oak. Wet spring delayed flowering by two weeks and then came a very warm summer. Big heat spike early September shut down ripening for a while so the alcohol level is 'only' 14%. Picked from 5 September (a little 'earlier than expected') and 91% was harvested by 8 October when the fires started. (Two lots eventually were rejected.) 54% native yeast, of which the one they call Dog was the dominant one. They made about the usual quantity.
Lustrous shaded garnet with some shading towards the rim. Interesting top note of tobacco with some candied fruit. Quite heady but well tamed. A combination of savoury and something as sweet and chalky as Edinburgh rock. Much livelier than the Overture just tasted, with tannin in evidence and a dry finish. Not a trace of smoke taint! Very mid Atlantic and really pretty sophisticated. Very appetising but quite youthful. Lightly angular and muscular. Drink with food now! May need to take on a little bit of puppy fat for perfection."
- 95 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Lots of currant and floral notes on the nose. Hints of mint and spice. Medium-to full-bodied, round and savory with creamy, juicy tannins. Hints of citrus underneath. Bright, fresh and delicious. Drink or hold."
|James Suckling:||95 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||95 RPWA|
|Jancis Robinson:||17,5 JR|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Ginestet, Carignan de Bordeaux, 33360 Latresne, Frankreich|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Opus One Winery, 7900 St. Helena Highway, P.O. Box 6,Oakville, CA 94562. Tel: +1-707-944-9442. http://de.opusonewinery.com/|
In der aktuellen Sprache gibt es keine Bewertungen.