- 95 punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Opus One had picked 91% of their fruit before the fires started in 2017, and only two lots were eliminated from consideration. The 2017 Opus One, bottled in July 2019, is a blend of 81% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8.5% Petit Verdot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 4.5% Merlot and 1% Malbec. Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, it slowly grows on the nose, revealing compelling notes of baked black cherries, mulberries, black raspberries, warm cassis and blackberry pie with nuances of spice cake, yeast extract, tapenade, licorice and dusty soil with a waft of wild sage. Medium-bodied, the palate has a lively skip in its step, featuring bags of juicy raspberry and cassis-laced fruit and a refreshing line, supported by ripe, plush tannins, finishing long and graceful."
- 95+ Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "A remarkable wine for the year, the 2017 Opus One is a dense, full-throttle beauty. Plush fruit and soft, silky contours give the 2017 its racy personality. Exotic, beautifully perfumed and impeccable in its balance, Opus One is one of the most complete wines of the vintage. In 2017, Opus One has a distinctly red-toned fruit profile that distinguishes it from the surrounding vintages."
- 96 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "A fist of late summer cherries, raspberry and bilberry fruits set out their stall, all with the juicy character that confirms, even in a hot vintage like 2017, Opus can deliver balance and sculpted elegance. Beautiful grip, creamy texture with a strikingly powerful tannic frame. As the wine stays in the glass the floral aromatics begin to bloom up. A brilliant Opus. 20 days maceration - around half what it would have been a decade ago. 54% native yeast, as part of their native yeast project. 5% Merlot and 1% Malbec complete the blend. Harvest spread out over September 5 to October 8, just before the fires, by which time they had less than 10% of the fruit still out on the vines. 3.7pH. Drinking Window 2023 – 2045"
- 96 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The 2017 Opus One is an absolutely magical wine from this challenging vintage. Winemaker Michael Silacci has crafted a fabulous blend composed of 81% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8.5% Petit Verdot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 4.5% Merlot and 1% Malbec that utterly impresses. It begins with stunning aromatics of fresh black currants and black cherries that are woven together with spices, graphite, loam, and some fresh sage which all develop beautifully in the glass. The palate is full-bodied, plush and layered with outstanding overall balance. It goes on to impress with its dense concentrated core that gushes out delicious flavors of fresh black currants and dark berries, which continue to build through the long, supple finish. Displaying a wonderful combination of power and class, this is an absolute standout in this vintage that should age gracefully for years to come."
- 95 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Lots of currant and floral notes on the nose. Hints of mint and spice. Medium-to full-bodied, round and savory with creamy, juicy tannins. Hints of citrus underneath. Bright, fresh and delicious. Drink or hold."
|James Suckling:||95 JS|
|Inhalt:||0,375 l Demi-bouteille|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||95 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||96 IWR|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||The 2014 vintage was precocious – marked by the earliest bud break in our history. Timely rainfall and a continuation of mild and dry conditions throughout the year allowed the grapevines to support the slightly higher-than-expected yields. Following a near-perfect growing season, harvest commenced on September 5th just as the grapes reflected an ideal balance between freshness and concentration. After an early rainstorm, there was a brief pause; but the succinct harvest was completed on October 7th. The 2014 Opus One exudes subtle aromas of fragrant florals, fresh garden herbs and forest floor that give way to a concentrated blend of red cherry, blackberry and black currant. After a silky entry, dark fruit flavors emerge with hints of baking spice and black olive. Fine-grained tannins offer a velvety texture and complex structure that builds to a long, vibrantly fresh finish with a touch of mocha. Enjoyable now, the wine will delight for years to come. The 2014 Opus One is a blend of all five Bordeaux-heritage varieties: 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Petit Verdot, 6% Cabernet Franc, 5% Merlot and 2% Malbec. Component lots received an average of 20 days of skin contact during fermentation and maceration, prior to 18 months of barrel aging in new French Oak.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Ginestet, Carignan de Bordeaux, 33360 Latresne, Frankreich|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Opus One Winery, 7900 St. Helena Highway, P.O. Box 6,Oakville, CA 94562. Tel: +1-707-944-9442. http://de.opusonewinery.com/|