- 97 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Glorious purity of fruit here with black currants, blueberries, dark chocolate, fresh herbs and forest floor. Hints of mint too, plus hazelnut and chocolate. Full body with seamless tannins and balance. Tight and compacted tannins with beautiful fruit and great length. Goes on for minutes. One of the best Opus' in years. Hard not to drink now but better in 2018. October 2015 release. This is 79% cabernet sauvignon, 7% cabernet franc, 6% merlot, 6% petit verdot and 2% malbec."
- 96 Punkte Robert Parker WINE ADVOCATE: "The iconic 2012 Proprietary Red Opus One is a blend of 79% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Cabernet Franc, 6% Petit Verdot, 6% Merlot and 2% Malbec aged 18 months in French oak. A classy, complex, suave and savory 2012 Opus One, with notes of toasty oak and crème de cassis. This Pauillac lookalike, made by the staff at Mouton Rothschild, is a beauty. They have continued to strengthen the quality of wine and seem to have produced a brilliant, world-class wine. I imagine the 2013 may even eclipse this, but this 2012 is one of their great ones, with a seamless integration of acidity, tannin, alcohol and wood all present in this beautiful, full-bodied wine that should drink well for 25-30 years."
- WINESPECTATOR: "A Pauillac-like expression from Napa Valley, this features smoky, toasty oak from the get-go, framing the intense flavors of earth, crushed rock and gravelly dried dark berry. The dense core of fruit pushes through a front of rustic graphite and loamy earth. Finishes with a long, layered aftertaste. Cabernet Sauvignon. Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, Merlot and Malbec. Drink now through 2028. 28,600 cases made."
- 95 VINOUS Antonio Galloni: "The 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon is supple and radiant throughout, with gorgeous suppleness and purity to the flavors. Sweet red cherry, hard candy, raspberry wild flowers and cinnamon are some of the notes that grace the palate. Racy and forward, yet classically mid-weight in structure, the 2012 is likely to drink well pretty much upon release. Once quite rich, the 2012 is developing into a wine of finesse and open-knit sensuality."
- 98 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The 2012 Opus One is a stunning release from this storied Napa Valley producer. While there is intense fruit, it is hard to describe the silky texture and plush mouthfeel, which brings you back to the glass for more decadence. This blend of 79% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Cabernet Franc, 6%Petit Verdot, 6% Merlot and 2% Malbec begins with seductive aromatics of black cherry, crème de cassis, mocha, tar and anise, all coming together beautifully in the glass. There are vivid flavors of crème de cassis, blackberry, mocha, sage and black olive which lead to an exceedingly long, voluptuous finish. Overall, this possesses incredible poise and elegance, showing a simply gorgeous seamless quality throughout. While this is drinking beautifully at this stage, it certainly has the potential to cellar for two more decades, or even more. (Best 2016-2035) - September, 2016"- 97 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "A near-ideal vintage, where all parts were perfect. Here we are at full peak Opus; satin-like in texture, packed with cassis, bilberry and crushed raspberry fruits, not overly concentrated but confident enough to take on its Californian peers. A sunny juicy richness to the wine is just lovely, and a menthol mouth watering finish makes this pretty irresistable. 2% Malbec, 6% Petit Verdot completes the blend. 18 days skin contact. Drinking Window 2023 – 2040"
|Decanter:||94 DEC 97 DEC|
|James Suckling:||97 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||96 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||98 IWR|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Reben:||79% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Cabernet Franc, 6% Merlot, 6% Petit Verdot, 2% Malbec|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Ginestet, 19 av. De Fontenille, 33360 Carignan de Bordeaux, France|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Opus One Winery, 7900 St. Helena Highway, P.O. Box 6,Oakville, CA 94562. Tel: +1-707-944-9442. http://de.opusonewinery.com/|