- WINESPECTATOR, James Laube: "This bold, rich and assertive red is firm and concentrated, displaying a mix of dried currant, blackberry, wild berry and spice flavors, ending with loamy earth and melted black licorice notes. Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, Merlot and Malbec. Best from 2014 through 2025. 22,500 cases made."
- 94+ Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2009 Opus One is impeccable. It brings together the silkiness of the 2007 with the power and darkness of the 2008, a combination that is hugely appealing, to say the least. With a little air, the 2009 can be enjoyed young, but it is best cellared for at least a few years, which will allow some of the baby fat to drop off. The blend is 81% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc, 6% Petit Verdot, 3% Merlot and 1% Malbec."
- DECANTER; William Kelley: "2009 was a cooler vintage, and that's reflected in the complex bass notes of black olive and tobacco which inflect this Opus One's bouquet of dark fruit, chocolate and licorice; supple and polished on the palate, this wine has more of a savoury edge to its tannic profile than riper years such as 2007. Cabernet Sauvignon only makes up 81% of the blend here, complemented by fully 9% Cabernet Franc, a variety that plays an increasing role at Opus. Drinking Window 2016 ? 2035"
- 96 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The 2009 Opus One offers so much right out of the gate. It's jammed packed with dense concentrated black and blue fruits, sweet currant, anise, spices, leather, loam, cocoa and freshly ground coffee. This boasts a full body with a soft velvety texture, supported by round polished tannins that carry the fruit into the long supple finish. The blend of 81% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc, 6% Petit Verdot, 3% Merlot and 1% Malbec was aged 17 months in French oak. (Drink 2013-2027)"
- JAMES SUCKLING: "Aromas of orange peel, currants, olives and subtle rosemary. Full body with a beautiful balance of fine tannins and a fresh finish. Super-refined and beautiful. Better in 2015 but just drinking beautifully now. This 81% cabernet sauvignon, 9% cabernet franc, 4% merlot, 4% petit verdot and 2% malbec."
|International Wine Report:||96 IWR|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Ginestet, 19 av. De Fontenille, 33360 Carignan de Bordeaux, France|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Opus One Winery, 7900 St. Helena Highway, P.O. Box 6,Oakville, CA 94562. Tel: +1-707-944-9442. http://de.opusonewinery.com/|