- 96 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, William Kelley: "Krug's NV Grande Cuvée 168ème Édition is a classic in the making, wafting from the glass with aromas of dried fruits, pear, toasted nuts, orange zest, honeycomb and freshly baked bread. Medium to full-bodied, generous but incisive, it's deep and elegantly fleshy, with a beautifully refined mousse and an enveloping core of fruit that's complemented by the characteristic Krug patina of nutty complexity imparted by barrel fermentation. Even if this is more open out of the gates than the 2011-based 167ème edition, the 168ème edition is also the more concentrated and intense of the two. It's based on the 2012 harvest, complemented by fully 42% reserve wines—a blend of 198 wines from 11 different vintages dating back to 1996."
- 96 Punkte DECANTER, Simon Field: "52% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay, 13% Pinot Meunier. A gentle gold with discreet yet persistent mousse and aromatics of spring meadows, lemon sherbet and barley sugar; the wine is pure and softly powerful, youthful energy finely poised, somewhat cautious after so many years in the chalky cellars. The reserve wines, Pinot Noir from Verzenay and Chardonnay from Avize especially, are subtle in support, vivacious despite their relative maturity, contributing to an ensemble which is hitherto dominated by red fruit, courtesy of the superb Pinot Noir, and a colourful tension. Behind that there are whispers of honey, quince and posset… and with so much more to come; but the finish, happily in these days of privation, takes one to wherever one may wish to go. Drinking Window 2020 – 2037"
- 19 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "This is the latest cuvée launched in the UK in May 2020 but has already been available in the US and Japan. A blend of 198 wines from 11 different years, with the youngest the acclaimed 2012, back to a precious, powerfully aromatic lot of Verzenay Pinot Noir 1996. The final blend – 52% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 13% Meunier – was bottled in 2013 and aged for seven years in Krug’s cellars in Reims. Yields in 2012 were 20% lower than usual because of a succession of meteorological events including frost, rain, storms and hail in winter and spring 2012, followed by the driest ripening season since 1974.|
Notably intense aroma with crème pâtissière dominant. Masses of extract and remarkable acidity underpinned by great depth of flavour and beautiful balance on the finish. I think this is going to be a really great, glamorous Grande Cuvée that will continue to develop in bottle for many years to come. I suspect it will be even more enjoyable from the end of 2020. The length on the palate is remarkable. This is magnificently precise, a great tribute to the work of the old cellarmaster Eric Lebel, who is still in the background, and a wonderful welcome to his successor Julie Cavil, who has been learning from him since 2006."
- 96 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The Krug Grand Cuvée 168ÈMÉ is a blend of 52% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 13% Meunier selected from several different vintages dating back to 1996, with the base being 2012. This is a strikingly beautiful release from Krug, which is all about elegance and precision. It begins with gorgeous aromatics of sliced pear, lemon zest, lime blossoms, honeysuckle, crushed limestone and baked sourdough all developing in the glass. On the palate this is laser focused and impeccably balanced with a fabulous mouthfeel and texture that persists through the beautifully refined finish. This is an absolutely stunning bottle of Champagne and while it is simply delightful to approach today, it also seems the best is still yet to come and this should go on to evolve gracefully for quite some time."
- 95 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, Alison Napjus: "A seamless Champagne, effortlessly integrating a powerful spine of racy acidity with the detailed range of crème de cassis, raw almond, toasted saffron and candied ginger flavors. This is fine and silky in texture, with a tang of salty mineral and rich hints of coffee, toasted brioche and mandarin orange peel expanding on the finish. Disgorged winter 2018. Drink now through 2030. From France."
|Jancis Robinson:||19,0 JR|
|Produkt:||Champagner, Sekt & Co|
|Rebsorte(n):||Chardonnay Pinot Noir Meunier|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||96 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||96 IWR|
|Reben:||52% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay, 13% Meunier|
|% vol Alk:||12,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Krug Grande Cuvée is born from the dream of one man, Joseph Krug, to craft the the best Champagne every year, regardless of annual variations in climate. Since 1843, the House of Krug has honoured this vision with each new Edition of Krug Grande Cuvee: the fullest expression of Champagne. It is a blend of 198 wines from 11 different years, the youngest is from the year 2012, while the oldest dates back to 1996. Its final composition is 52% Pnot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 13% Meunier. A stay of around seven years. or six years in the case of half-bottles, in Krug's cellars gives Krug Grande Cuvee 168 eme Edition isr distinct expression and elegance. Krug Grande Cuvee 168 eme Edition was composed around the harvest of 2012, a beautiful year with a low yield due to a succession of meteorological events. Frost, rain, storms and hale all hit the vineyards of Champagne in winter and spring 2012, followed by the driest ripening season since 1974, resulting in 20% fewer grapes. To realise the final creation, wines of the year from meticulously selected plots were blended with reserve wines from 10 other years. The careful attention given to the vines and Krug’s unique respect for the individual character of each plot enabled the breadth of expression of this Édition. In all, reserve wines from the House’s extensive library made up 42% of the final blend, bringing the breadth and roundness so essential to each Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée. Tasting notes A light golden colour and fine, vivacious bubbles, holding a promise of pleasure. Aromas of flowers in bloom, ripe, dried and citrus fruits, as well as marzipan and gingerbread. Flavours of hazelnut, nougat, barley sugar, jellied and citrus fruits, almonds, brioche and honey.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Maison Krug, 5, Rue Coquebert, 51100 Reims, Frankreich|