- 95+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, William Kelley: "Making its debut this year is Krug's NV Grande Cuvée 167ème Édition, a beautiful wine that wafts from the glass with aromas of yellow orchard fruit, peach and waxy citrus rind, complemented by complex notes of freshly baked bread, walnuts and smoke. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied and muscular but incisive, with a deep and concentrated core, a pinpoint mousse and a long, complex finish. Built around the 2011 vintage, the wine includes reserve wines dating back to 1995 and was disgorged in the winter of 2017-2018. Readers are advised to give it at least a couple years of bottle age before popping corks."
- 95 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "As its name indicates, this is the 167th blend of this producer's famed Grande Cuvée. Based upon an enviable range of reserve wines, the blend has maturity that is just right, balancing fruit as well as the toast. It is rich and ready to drink."
- 95 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, Alison Napjus: "This mouthwatering Champagne is intense, from the floral- and spice-laced nose to the racy frame of acidity to the expansive flavors of grilled nut, mandarin orange peel, black currant and coffee. Stands out for finesse rather than power, with an enticing finish that brings you back for another sip. Disgorged January 2018. Drink now through 2027."
- 18,5 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "ID 118008. This is the wine reaching the market now. A blend of 191 different wines.
Definitely richer than many Grandes Cuvées. Very appealing and approachable. Those many elements are already admirably well integrated. Hugely complex but still quite substantially chewy on the end. Very long."
- 97 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The 'Grande Cuvée' 167ÈME Edition from Krug is a simply sensational effort that is drinking marvelously now, but is ultimately destined for an exceedingly long life in the cellar. This particular wine was disgorged in Spring 2017 and is a blend of 191 wines ranging from vintages 1995-2011. The aromatics show wonderful mustiness, white truffle and peat moss with bright nectarine rind, toasted macadamia nut, kumquat, marzipan and a lovely nutty character all build in the glass. The brightness and intensity on the palate excites with wonderful weight, textural richness as well as a dazzling minerality. Mouth-watering acidity accompanies this beautiful Champagne with lemon zest, wild mushroom and ginger infused sourdough bread flavors with diatomaceous earth undertones all impress. Am absolute stunner, this brilliant Chamagne is glorious now and should go on to evolve and drink beautifully over the next two decades."
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|Produkt:||Champagner, Sekt & Co|
|Jancis Robinson:||18,5 JR|
|Rebsorte(n):||Chardonnay Pinot Noir Meunier|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||95 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||97 IWR|
|% vol Alk:||12,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Krug Grande Cuvée is born from the dream of one man, Joseph Krug, to craft the very best Champagne he could offer, every single year, regardless of annual variations in climate. Each year, the House of Krug honours this dream with a new Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée: the most generous expression of Champagne. Krug Grande Cuvée 167ème Édition was composed around the harvest of 2011. This atypical year was divided into two parts: high temperatures up until the beginning of May resulted in blossoms three weeks early, followed by cold, wet weather with low sun. There was concern that the grapes might be overly mature but a three-day heat wave stopped maturation, while subsequent rains refreshed them. The year’s unusual weather led to the second earliest harvest since 1822. In the end, the grapes were healthy and gave rise to wines with a surprising structure and remarkable aromas. While the Chardonnays did not reveal their habitual freshness, it was a year for beautifully balanced Pinot Noir wines, particularly those from plots in Mareuil sur Aÿ. In order to complement the wines of the year, the House drew on its extensive library of reserve wines, a careful selection of which make up 42% of the final blend. A number of Meuniers from different years brought freshness, while certain Chardonnays and wines from plots on the Montagne de Reims harvested in the 1990s brought the breadth and roundness so essential to every Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée. Tasting notes A light golden colour and fine, vivacious bubbles, holding a promise of pleasure. Aromas of flowers in bloom, ripe, dried and citrus fruits, as well as marzipan and gingerbread. Flavours of hazelnut, nougat, barley sugar, jellied and citrus fruits, almonds, brioche and honey.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Maison Krug, 5, Rue Coquebert, 51100 Reims, Frankreich|