- 94 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Anthony Mueller: „Lucious tones of apricot, dried nectarine, honey and spiced orange syrup with subtle tones of cinnamon all beg for your attention on the nose of the 2016 Vin de Constance Natural Sweet Wine. The wine is rich and dense on the palate, expanding and unfolding, showing layers of depth and breadth across the mid-palate. It's perfectly sweet with the precision and balance to counter the acidity, so you can continue to drink it throughout the night. The finish is long and thoughtful and continues to evolve on the palate, leaving a viscous layer, flopping back and forth between flavors of honey, orange marmalade and apricot paste. I see blue cheese or crème brûlée as a beautiful pairing for this wine.“
- 97 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: „The 2016 Vin de Constance contains 165g/L residual sugar and has a pH of 3.73. It is slightly paler in color compared to other recent vintages. The well-defined bouquet offers scents of wild honey, acacia and orange blossom, all quite airy and focused – not what you would call a heavyweight nose. On the palate, laser-like acidity cuts through the viscous fruit, and notes of saffron and allspice furnish the honeyed texture. There is immense precision on the finish. Superb.“
- 97 Punkte DECANTER, Andy Howard: „Strikingly pure, fresh and youthful, this is almost like an 'essence of Muscat'. Hints of elderflower and subtle spices on the nose are complemented by a licquorous palate with zesty citrus peel and honey, balanced by crisp acidity. 2016 was a very early vintage due, in part, to El Nino but the dry, warm season was mitigated in Constantia by prevailing cool sea-breezes, and cool night-time temperatures. This really needs 2-3 years to bring out the complex flavours which will make this a memorable sweet wine for many decades. Drinking Window 2023 – 2050“
- 18,5 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: „100% Muscat de Frontignan. This is the first vintage of Vin de Constance that will be sold through the Place de Bordeaux. The 2016 vintage was earlier than anticipated due to El Niño causing a warm and dry weather build-up to harvest, resulting in faster-ripening fruit. Still it yielded berries with concentrated flavours and well-balanced acidity. Fortunately, in the Constantia Valley the winery received enough rainfall, even during the driest of seasons, and was safeguarded with sufficient moisture in the soils, unlike some warmer regions in the country. The property was also protected from the extreme heat spikes by their proximity to the ocean, experiencing predominantly cool night-time temperatures allowing for the perfect and slow raisining conditions for the development of ripeness while retaining a good natural acidity. Harvest from 25 February to 22 March.
Sweet and fragrant on the nose. Layers of honey, acacia, sultana and earthy spices. The palate is sweet but not remotely cloying, with bright acidity and great intensity of fruit and marmalade. Harmonious and intense, with superb purity and vibrancy. Mellow raisined notes are lifted by floral orange blossom, cinnamon and sweet vanilla spice. Unerring and long on the finish, superb!“
- 96 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: „Such an amazing nose to this with dried peaches and limes, flowers and hot stones. Full-bodied, very sweet and powerful with a soft, caressing texture and a tangy, bright finish. A wonderful combination of late-harvest fruit and energetic acidity. Drink or hold.“
|James Suckling:||96 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||18,5 JR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||94 RPWA|
|% vol Alk:||13,1|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Duclot, 3 Place Rohan, F-33000 Bordeaux|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Klein Constantia, PO Box 375, Constantia, 7806, South Africa|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.