- 95 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: ?This is laden with flavors of dark currant, blackberry and black cherry preserves, infused gently with alder, incense and black tea notes, all carried by a long swath of fine-grained tannins. Hints of warm stone and tobacco gild the finish. Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc and Malbec. Best from 2021 through 2035. Tasted twice, with consistent notes. 13,500 cases made.?
- 94-97 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: ?The 2016 Insignia is fabulous. Dark and powerful in the glass, the 2016 pulses with a sense of vibrancy that is impossible to miss. Even with all of its energy, the 2016 is understated and nuanced, especially next to the vintages that surround it. Today, the 2016 is a bit less expressive than it has been in the past, and yet all of the elements are in place for it to develop into an exquisite wine.?
- 98 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: ?The 2016 ?Insignia? is an absolutely incredible showing, and is amongst the most compelling vintages I have yet to taste from the Estate. Composed of 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petit Verdot, 3% Cabernet Franc and 3% Malbec which spent 24 months in 100% new french oak. As this unwinds in the glass it begins to release its seductive aromatics of ripe dark currants, crème de cassis and blueberries along with fresh violets, pencil shavings, wild sage brush and exotic spices. On the palate this is full-bodied, with a gorgeous rich, opulent texture that is beautifully balance by a lovely touch if underlying acidity keeping it fresh and inviting all the way through the long enveloping finish. Displaying a remarkable combination of both power and precision, the 2016 is a total stunner and will go on to have a marvelous future for many years to come.?
- 96-98 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: ?Not yet bottled, the 2016 Insignia should match ? or exceed ? the 2015, yet it shows a slightly more vibrant, cooler, more classic character. Vibrant notes of crème de cassis, violets, crushed rocks, and lead pencil all give way to a full-bodied 2016 that has silky tannins, no hard edges, and thrilling purity of fruit. It?s going to be reasonably approachable on release, yet I suspect won?t hit prime time until 4-5 years after the vintage and should cruise for 2-3 decades.?
- 98 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: ?Lovely density and intensity with dark berries, blueberries and inky undertones with hints of spice, chocolate and walnuts. Medium to full body, fine tannins and a flavorful finish. The texture and length are fantastic here. Complex. Hints of smoky wood at the end. This needs three to five years more in bottle age. Exciting wine. Try after 2022.?
|James Suckling:||98 JS|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||97 JD|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||99 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||98 IWR|
|Reben:||90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Petit Verdot, 2% Cabernet Franc and 1% Malbec from estate-grown Napa Valley vineyards: 21% Las Rocas Vineyard (Stags Leap District), 20% Home Ranch Vineyard (St. Helena), 19% Yountville Vineyard (Oak Knoll District) 15% Suscol Vineyard (South Napa Valley), 15% Barboza Vineyard (Stags Leap District) and 10% Banca Dorada Vineyard (Rutherford)|
|% vol Alk:||15|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Aging/Cooperage 24 months in 100% new French oak from coopers Taransaud, Dargaud Jaegle, Demptos, Marcel Cadet and Sylvain before bottling in January 2017. Winemaking Data Optimum, even ripening for Insignia designated blocks was acheived by careful vineyard management throughout the growing season. Grapes were held separate during picking, sorting and fermentation. Winemaker Notes The 2015 Insignia is densely hued with rich dark fruit, cocoa powder and fragrant dried flower notes. Velvety texture and weight on the palate with layers of juicy black plum, Madagascar vanilla and bergamot. Bold, creamy and supple with integrated tannin structure and a lengthy finish. Vintage Notes The 2015 Napa Valley growing season experienced dry, mild winter and spring temperatures similar to the prior three growing seasons. The majority of Cabernet Sauvignon was 50% through bud break by the end of March, followed by a normal period of bloom. May temperatures were unseasonably cool, but summer months were consistently warm, with heat spikes in September and October, creating conditions for a low-yielding vintage of high quality fruit from one of the earliest and most condensed harvests on record. Small berries and loose clusters led to intensely concentrated, rich flavors and full-bodied wines from the 2015 vintage.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Weingarten Eden, Am Pfarrstadl, 94086 Bad Griesbach/Karpfham|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Joseph Phelps Vineyards, 200 Taplin Road, St Helena CA 94574, USA|