- Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "This 2017 is a blend of 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 1% Petit Verdot, 6% Malbec and 1% Cabernet Franc, with most of the fruit coming from Phelp’s St Helena vineyard this year. “But,” winemaker Ashley Hepworth told me, “we declassified a lot of wine - sold a lot on the bulk market. We had some tough blending decisions.” Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon sashays out of the glass with open-knit, alluring baked plums, stewed cherries, mulberries and warm cassis with hints of spice cake, cracked pepper and tobacco leaf. Medium to full-bodied, the palate delivers a great intensity of black berry and exotic spice layers, framed by soft tannins and lively freshness, finishing with impressive length. 12,270 cases were made - about half the normal production."
- 95 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Virginie Boone: "This is a beautiful wine, effusive in cassis, black cherry, woody cedar and sage. With small amounts of Malbec, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, it offers substantial structure and tannin weight, with ample clove spice and toasted oak. It is built to age; enjoy best from 2025 to 2030."
- WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "Offers a chunky feel, featuring a mix of dark plum and black currant fruit, with singed mesquite, dried bay leaf, sage and licorice root notes. Shows youthful rambunctiousness, balanced by good underlying structure and ample fruit. Should resolve easily with cellaring. Best from 2022 through 2034. 12,200 cases made."
- 94 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "Packed with both charm and character with a powerfully spicy punch. Clear espresso flavours alongside mocha, grilled sarments, cassis and smoked bilberries. There are confident, ripped tannins also showing a muscular structure that is going to go the distance. Blend completed with 1% Cabernet Franc, aged in 48% new oak. Second vintage on the Place.Drinking Window 2022 – 2038"
- INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The 2017 Joseph Phelps Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is a fantastic showing in this vintage despite the challenges. This blend of 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Malbec, 1% Petit Verdot and 1% Cabernet Franc, which is sourced mostly from the Estate Vineyard in St. Helena instantly bursts open with fresh aromas of black cherries and boysenberries along with graphite, violets, mocha, fresh tarragon and finished off with baking spices. On the palate this is medium to full-bodied and nicely structured backed with a lovely supple mouthfeel. This possesses fantastic underlying acidity which provides a wonderful sense of freshness all the way through the finish, leaving you wanting more. Overall, this is a fabulous job in the cellar by winemaker Ashley Hepworth putting together this wonderful blend."
- 93-94 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This is a soft and velvety red with blackberry and blueberry character. Some boysenberry, too. Hints of spice. Medium to full body, round and juicy tannins and a flavorful finish. Drink or hold. Better after 2021."
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|James Suckling:||93 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||91 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||92 IWR|
|Reben:||84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Merlot, 4% Petit Verdot, 2% Malbec, 2% Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Weingarten Eden, Am Pfarrstadl, 94086 Bad Griesbach/Karpfham|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Joseph Phelps Vineyards, 200 Taplin Road, St Helena CA 94574, USA|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.