- 95 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Blended of 93% Cabernet Sauvignon and 7% Cabernet Franc, the deep garnet-purple colored 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Rubicon gives up bold notions of crushed red and black currants, wild blueberries and blackberry preserves with touches of violets, dark chocolate, cardamom and bay leaves plus a hint of unsmoked cigars. Medium to full-bodied, the palate reveals great elegance and depth, with a beautiful line of finely grained tannins and amazing freshness, finishing long and layered. 3,847 cases produced."
- 93 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Virginie Boone: "This is an intriguingly feral, herbal and classically styled wine, dripping in sage, toasted oak and wrap-around tannin. Cranberry, clove and cassis form a tangle of nuanced, graceful flavor nestled within a core of impressive structure. This is one to put away for awhile; enjoy best 2026—2036."
- 92 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "A savory hint leads the way, followed quickly by ample red currant and blackberry fruit flavors. Tobacco and freshly plowed earth accents score the finish, where the savory element lingers. Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. Best from 2021 through 2030. 3,847 cases made."
- 96 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Rubicon is powerful, dark and unctuous, while retaining a super-classic sense of structure. Black cherry, plum, chocolate, leather, spice and menthol infuse the 2016 with striking textural depth and sweetness."
- 94 Punkte DECANTER, Stephen Brook: "In 2010 there was a change of winemaker at Rubicon, and the new arrival was Philippe Bascaules from Château Margaux. He soon made changes that were, one assumes, aimed at bringing more elegance and less density to the wine. This is certainly apparent here - the nose is ripe and vibrant, with intense mint and blackberry aromas that display purity of fruit and well-judged oak. Suave and polished, it shows finer tannins than the 2006, and enough acidity to give punch and persistence. It has a drier finish than most Napa Cabernets, which often have a sweetness that may be derived from high alcohol. So, there's a welcome austerity here and this will age well. Drinking Window 2020 – 2040"
- 96 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The flagship 2016 Rubicon checks in as 93% Cabernet Sauvignon and 7% Cabernet Franc, and there are close to 4,000 cases produced. This deep purple-hued beauty boasts a stunning nose of blackcurrants, tobacco leaf, cedarwood, and lead pencil shavings as well as even a hint of iron. These carry to a full-bodied 2016 that has terrific dept of fruit, solid mid-palate concentration, building tannins, and a great finish. This is a classic, age-worthy Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon that will benefit from 7-8 years of bottle age and keep for 3 decades."
- 97 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This is a powerful and structured red with full body, focused and polished tannins and a long and flavorful finish. It’s very close to the great 2013. A blend of 93 per cent cabernet sauvignon and seven per cent cabernet franc. Needs three or four years to come around."
|Wine Enthusiast:||93 WE|
|James Suckling:||97 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||95 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||96 JD|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||In 1975, Francis Ford Coppola purchased part of the historic Inglenook property, intent on restoring the estate’s legacy of creating world-class wines equal to those that founder Gustave Niebaum and his grandnephew John Daniel Jr. produced for decades. Rubicon, the estate’s flagship wine since 1978, is produced from the best fruit on the estate and comprised of the historic Gustave Niebaum Cabernet selection, first planted on the property in the 1880s. Over the last few years, we’ve perfected our already refined winemaking methods, using smaller trays during harvest, a gentler destemmer that minimizes oxidation, and applying greater scrutiny during the fermentation process by evaluating individual blocks of fruit daily to optimize pump overs. These methods have greatly enhanced the quality of the 2012 vintage. 100% French Oak; 75% New Oak|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Maison Vin, Siersdorfer Str. 6(b), 52457 Aldenhoven|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Inglenook, 1991 St Helena Highway, Rutherford, CA 94573, USA|
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.