- 90 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Anthony Mueller: "The nose of the 2018 Chardonnay is full and rich, with an oaky core and subtle hints of reduction, expressing delicate fruit aromas of yellow apple, pear and lemon curd. The palate is clean, fresh and zippy with a good core of citrus. The finish is clean and crisp, with a soft oak expression that lingers on the medium to long finish. This is a beautiful and classic expression of Chardonnay from the Hemel-En-Aarde Valley, and it's sure to please any Chardonnay lover. 489,080 bottles made."
- 90 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Lauren Buzzeo: "A shining golden-yellow color, this smells as rich as it looks, with assertive scents of ripe melon, peach preserves, orange oil and creamed corn. The palate is similarly rich and opulent, with more ripe stone-fruit and orange-oil flavors that are hit by a toasty, nutty overlay. There's just enough acidity to keep it all from feeling too rich or overdone, with a lingering wood-spice note to the finish."
- 91 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, Aleks Zecevic: "A substantial white, with a big profile. The acidity gives this energy, delivering plenty of zest to the ripe pear and blood orange flavors, framed by hints of cream, tarragon and nutmeg. The vibrant finish leaves a mouthwatering aftertaste. Drink now through 2025. 4,090 cases made."
- 92 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2018 Chardonnay is 95% barrel-fermented and matured for nine months in 29% new oak, the rest used. It has a clean, fresh bouquet of enticing scents of lemon zest, orange blossom and grilled hazelnuts, and perhaps just a hint of brioche in the background. The palate is well balanced with a clean, crisp opening, spicier than I was expecting, and those nutty notes are flanked by a touch of dried orange peel toward the finish. Very fine."
- 91 Punkte FALSTAFF: "Würiges Holz, balsamische Noten, noch unentfaltet. Dezente Phenolstruktur am Gaumen, feste Säure, hat fast eine gewisse Strenge, hefige Rückaromen, wirkt noch sehr in sich gekehrt, braucht unbedingt zwei, drei Jahre Flaschenreife."
- 95 Punkte DECANTER, Andy Howard: "Showing just a hint of reduction, this is a lovely Chardonnay that takes me back to the Burgundy 2018 en-primeur week in January. Côte de Beaune-like on the nose, with restrained notes of orange box and stoned fruits. This has great focus and grip on the palate and although there is plenty of weight and fleshiness, the prominent acidity keeps all the elements in perfect balance. Perhaps a bit more Corton-Charlemagne than Meursault, this is a very fine, top-class, Chardonnay. Drinking Window 2021 – 2029"
- 93 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "Sourced from their estate vineyards set on stone and clay, the 2018 Hamilton Russell Chardonnay opens with aromas of Pink Lady apple with shades of marzipan and wild mushroom that mingle nicely on the nose. The palate is viscous and rich, showing a wonderful combination of richness and tension with a silky texture, the wine unveils copious orchard fruit, baking spice and earthy flavors that collide with the bright sense of salinity and minerality. While fantastic now, this should also contine to drink beautifully over the next handful of years."
|Wine Enthusiast:||90 WE|
|International Wine Report:||93 IWR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||90 RPWA|
|Im Weinkeller:||Vergärung zu 91% im Holzfass, zu 9% in Edelstahltanks; Reifung für 9 Monate im Holzfass|
|% vol Alk:||13,2|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||After the early and short 2015 and 2016 harvests, 2018, like 2017 was back to our usual timing, beginning at the end of the first week of February, but (a longer harvest) finishing at the end of the first week of March. Budding was even and successful, with higher than usual early Spring temperatures, but an unusually wet November and a cool December affected flowering and fruit-set, resulting in particularly low yields – far lower than our already low yields. The berries were smaller and the bunches were lighter, but the resulting wines were deeper, fuller and more structured. December and January were drier than average, making for relatively easy and successful disease control organically, with February only very slightly wetter than our long term average. A warmer than average February, combined with the very low yields and small berries did however contribute to the riper more opulent style of 2018 compared to 2017. One of the features of 2018 was fairly variable ripening within individual vineyards, and within individual bunches. Picking on taste, combined with analysis, and picking particular areas within individual vineyards at different times, was particularly important in 2018. This required a high level of vigilance and very close teamwork between cellar and vineyard, both of which were carried out with great success. 2018 was an excellent vintage for us.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Weinhandlung Martin Apell, Eugen Richter Strasse 109, 34134 Kassel|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Hamilton Russel Vineyards, Hemel-en-Aarde Valley, R320, Hermanus, 7200, Südafrika|
In der aktuellen Sprache gibt es keine Bewertungen.