- 95 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, William Kelley für 2008: "Fermented in used barrels with blocked malolactic, Doyard's 2008 Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru saw 108 months on the lees before it was disgorged with three grams per liter dosage. Wafting from the glass with a complex bouquet of gingerbread, warm biscuits, citrus oil, dried white flowers and a delicate hint of olorosso sherry, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and incisive, with an racy spine of acidity, a concentrated core of fruit and a long, searingly intense and delicately sapid finish. The subtle oxidative qualities lend it an appealingly old fashioned feel. As Doyard followers may know, this cuvée derives from Mesnil-sur-Oger, Cramant, Avize and Oger."
- **(*) PETER LIEM für 2007: "More than half of this blend comes from Avize, with the rest made up of Cramant, Oger and Le Mesnil. All of it, though, is from vines that are 40- to 50-years old, and all of it was vinified in barrel. It’s supple and sophisticated in texture, and it’s terrifically racy and vibrant on the palate as well, projecting a feeling of energy and vitality. Its flavors expand with a subtle elegance and poise, encasing a creamy richness in a sleek, elongated structure, and its finish is drenched in fragrant, chalky minerality. While it’s terrific now, it will only get better with time - put a few bottles of this away in the cellar if you can.
The vintage-dated wine, formerly called Collection de l'An I but now labeled simply as Blanc de Blancs Millésime, is grown largely in the grand cru villages of Le Mesnil, Avize and Cramant, sometimes including a parcel of old vines in Vertus close to the Mesnil border. It's a selection of only the first and finest portion of the cuvée, or first pressing, and it's always unchaptalized and vinified entirely in barrel, without malolactic. Like the Cuvée Vendémiaire, this also spends a long time on its lees, typically six years or even more.“
- 4* GERHARD EICHELMANN für 2007: "Er zeigt gute Konzentration im Bouquet, rauchige Noten, reife Frucht, Zitrus. Im Mund präsentiert er sich füllig, harmonisch und kompakt, besitzt reife Frucht und gute Struktur, ist jugendlich.“
- 17 Punkte VINUM, Europas Weinmagazin für 2007: „Säurebetont, herb, schon fast stahlig, doch auch knackig und von komplexer Würze. Für Kenner. 2017-2020.
Winzerbetrieb mit zehn Hektar Reben in der Cote des Blancs und in Ay, produziert besonders charaktervolle Champagner.“
- 91 Punkte VINOUS Antonio Galloni für 2009: "The 2009 Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru one of the more complete wines in the range. Rich, powerful and creamy, the Blanc de Blancs captures the radiance of the vintage in its inviting personality. Stone fruit, spice and lightly honeyed notes flow through to the resonant finish. The Blanc de Blancs emerges from parcels in Avize, Cramant, Oger and Le Mesnil sur Oger, all Grand Cru villages. Dosage is just 0.6 grams per liter. Disgorged: November 2015."
- 96 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Stephan Reinhardt für 2009: "The intensely citrus colored 2009 Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru Extra Brut offers a deep, ripe, fresh, precise and concentrated bouquet with citrus fruit aromas intermixed with chalky-mineral notes. Pure, crisp and racy yet very elegant on the palate, this is an exciting cuvée from four different terroirs. It is very pristine and tensioned, very salty and pure, with pineapple flavors and a lot of vitality and freshness. Disgorged in November 2015 as Extra Brut, with 0.6 grams per liter of dosage. Tasted April 2018.
Yannick Doyard, who had to retake the helm of the 11-hectare family domaine in Vertus after the tragic death of his then 31-year-old son Charles one year ago, presented a fantastic quintet of Champagnes during a speed-meeting in Cramant earlier this year. What a memorable legacy from Charles and Yannick Doyard! (…) and the 2009 Vintage Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs is simply fabulous and one of the most impressive 2009s I have tasted! (…)
Doyard has holdings in prestigious grand crus and premier crus such as Vertus, Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, Oger, Avize, Cramant, Aÿ and Dizy. The majority (90%) is Chardonnay, and just one hectare is Pinot Noir. The vines are 40 years old (on average), and the yields are kept very low. Since only the very best grapes are processed, the annual production is just 40,000 bottles.The wines are partly vinified in used oak barrels and kept on the lees until March. Malolactic fermentation is blocked, but the second fermentation is under natural cork, which softens the texture a bit and underlines the vinous, elegant character of the enormously concentrated, vital wines that will get even better with age."
|Produkt:||Champagner, Sekt & Co|
|% vol Alk:||12,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Champagne Doyard, 39, avenue du general Leclerc, F-51130 Vertus|