- 98 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Robert Parker Jr.: "A brilliant showing for Christian Moueix’s well-known Napanook Vineyard, the 2001 Dominus is a blend of 81% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc and 10% Petit Verdot. A classic in the making, this is a flawless, seamless example of elegant, complex Napa Cabernet Sauvignon that possesses a Bordeaux-like personality. This gorgeous, sexy, opulent, dense ruby/purple-colored wine reveals sweet caramel, mocha, creme de cassis and kirsch notes intermixed with a hint of espresso roast as well as underbrush. Ripe, long and full-bodied with well-integrated tannin, acidity, alcohol and wood, this prodigious 2001 is drinkable now and over the next 25+ years given this estate’s longevity track record. A virtually perfect wine, it is one of the most complex 2001s at present."
- VINOUS, Stephan Tanzer: "Good ruby-red. Superripe aromas of plum, cherry, licorice, mocha, smoke and minerals. At once sweet and gripping, with very intense, nuanced flavors of cherry, plum, currant, tobacco, minerals and currant leaf. Despite the very high pH of 4.01, this shows no shortage of energy in the mouth. A muscular, firmly tannic, serious wine for aging. (A second sample that had been decanted for four hours prior to my visit was sweeter and more seamless, but still showed solid tannic spine.)"
- FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Kräftiges Rubingranat, violette Reflexe, breiterer Ockerrand. Zarte Kräuterwürze, schwarze Beerenfrucht, feine Edelholzwürze, dezente Orangenzesten, etwas Nougat. Stoffig, komplex, feine Extraktsüße, feine, gereifte Tannine, schokoladiger Touch im Abgang, sehr gut entwickelt, wirkt trinkreif, ein toller Speisenbegleiter. (Trinken/+20)"
- 18 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "Christian Moueix knew it was a great vintage straightaway. ‘The biggest problem for a winemaker in a great vintage with lots of sugar is that it can be difficult to finish the fermentation. The poor yeast are suffering to transform the sugars into alcohol so the danger of stuck fermentation and VA is there. It can be an element of complexity.’ He is always aware of raised VA in this wine.
Very bright crimson with some blue still evident. Very rich start and really luscious but with structure. Lots of fine tannins still hidden. Complex and still quite youthful."
- INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "Christian Moueix has crafted a sensational wine in 2001, which is composed of 81% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc and 10% Petit Verdot. After 15 years of bottle age this looks be enduring time, as it is still quite vigorous, offering gorgeous aromas of dark cherries and cassis, woven together with tobacco, spices and espresso nuances. On the palate this is full-bodied and beautifully structured with polished tannins and wonderful depth as it expands across the palate into the long, supple, spice-tinged finish. While there is no doubt this is simply delicious, readers considering approaching this shouldn't jump to a hasty decision, as there is still a long future ahead for this age-worthy wine. (Best 2017-2030)"
|Jancis Robinson:||18,0 JR|
|International Wine Report:||96 IWR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||98 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petite Sirah Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Bacchus-Vinothek, Oberndorfer Str. 2, 78628 Rottweil|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Dominus Estate, 2570 Napanook Road, Yountville, CA 94599, USA|
In der aktuellen Sprache gibt es keine Bewertungen.