- 95 Punkte NEAL MARTIN: "The 2015 Domaine de Chevalier has an enticing bouquet with very pure redcurrant, raspberry and blackberry notes, briary and cedar emerging later. This is wonderful and very seductive for anyone with a penchant for classic Pessac-Léognan. The palate is smooth and fleshy on the opening with silky tannin, plush red berry fruit with supremely well-integrated new oak. You could almost broach this now, such is its approachability, but it will surely improve over the next 20 or 30 years because its structure is discretely hidden at present. Anticipated maturity: 2020 - 2050."
- 95 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE: "The 2015 Domaine de Chevalier is composed of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot and 5% Petit Verdot. It went through malolactic and aging on its lees during three months in 35% new, 35% one-year-old and 30% two-year-old barrels, with a total aging of 18 months. Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, it has lovely spiciness on the nose?Chinese five spice and black pepper?with a core of red and black cherries and smoked meats. Medium-bodied, finely crafted and refreshing, it's quite minerally in the mouth and persistent on the finish."
- 95 Punkte und "Cellar Selection" WINE ENTHUSIAST: "This wine is ripe, rich and generous. It brings out the almost-sweet character of the fruit in this vintage. At the same time, the tannins are firm and support all this fruitiness. The wine will develop well. Drink from 2024."
- 97 Punkte VINOUS Antonio Galloni: "One of the stars of the vintage, the 2015 Domaine de Chevalier has turned out even better than I expected. Bright floral notes give striking aromatic lift to the rich, sumptuous fruit. A marvelously complete wine, the 2015 is racy and silky on the palate, yet also has tremendous freshness. Bright red cherry, blood orange, white pepper, spice and dried flowers build into the super-expressive finish. The 2015 has been nothing less than stunning the three times I have tasted it so far. This is a tremendous showing from proprietor Olivier Bernard and his team. The blend is 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot and 5% Petit Verdot. Tasted three times."
- 96 Punkte DECANTER: "This was tasting great during en primeur, and is living up to its promise here, richly nuanced and layered, with hints of fern and blackberry leaf. It's perfectly ripe, but has little touches that hold it back from full exuberance and for me only add to its interest. Classic and yet with a kick, an ageable wine with firm tannins. 33% new oak. Drinking Window 2023 ? 2040"
- 18 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "Great tension and subtlety. Extremely savoury - almost salty - with freshness and ripeness. Not one of the deepest colours. Lovely appetising low-key classicism. Bravissimo à tous!"
- RENE GABRIEL: "Dunkles Granat, recht satt in der Mitte, rubiner Rand. Dichtes, rotbeeriges Bouquet mit wunderschöner Reifeanzeige. Amarenakirschen, Maulbeeren, eine tolle Tiefenwürze zeigend. Der Gaumen ist stoffig, weist eine tolle Konzentration auf, das Extrakt zeigt eine verführerische Süsse auf, dies bei samtigen Tanninen. Das ist eine äusserst burgundische Variante mit einem nicht unbescheidenen Verführungspotential. Frühe Reife und ein langes Leben. Was will man noch mehr."
- 97 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "I was able to taste the 2015 Domaine de Chevalier twice and it showed sensationally both times. A blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, and the rest Petit Verdot that was harvested between October 1st and October 15th, this deep ruby/purple-colored effort has soaring aromatics of caramelized black cherries, cassis, lead pencil shavings, and forest floor. Deep, full-bodied, intense and beautifully pure, with fine tannin and moderate acidity, it?s a gorgeous Pessac-Leognan that needs 4-5 years of cellaring and will evolve for three decades."
- 97 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Suave, spicy oak and warm, stony aromas, making immediate interest and giving way to vivid and fresh dark cherries, blackberries and cassis. The palate adds graphite-like, savory cherry-stone flavors amid smooth, velvety tannins. Tangy blackberries through the finish. Impressive. Try from 2020."
- 95 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: "The 2015 Domaine de Chevalier is another extraordinary showing from this property in Pessac-Léognan. It is made from a blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot and 5% Petit Verdot. It opens to stunning aromatics of ripe blackberries and dark cherries which come together with graphite, sweet spices and hints of florals, all underlined by wet stone nuances. On the palate this demonstrates remarkable overall depth and concentration with a gorgeous layered texture and wonderful balance. Everything comes to an end beautifully, with dark fruits and minerals lingering effortlessly on the long, precise finish. A simply striking wine which will have a tremendous future ahead."
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|Neal Martin:||95 NM|
|James Suckling:||97 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||18,0 JR|
|Klassifzierung:||Grand Cru Classé de Graves|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||95 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||95 IWR|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||97 JD|
|Appellation:||Graves Pessac Leognan|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Domaine de Chevalier, 102 Chemin de Mignoy, F-33850 Leognan, +33 5 56 64 16 16, www.domainedechevalier.com|