- Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Robert Parker Jr.: "One of the fabulous sleepers of the vintage and a wine for serious Bordeaux afficionados to consider buying, the 2008 is a blend of 66% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot and 9% Petit Verdot that achieved 13.5% natural alcohol. Surprisingly backward for a 2008, it is medium to full-bodied with moderate tannins, lots of purity and abundant charcoal, black currant and floral notes. The sweetness of the fruit, depth of flavor and textured, lush mouthfeel in this medium to full-bodied, ageworthy 2008 are impressive. Give it 3-4 years of cellaring and drink it over the following two decades. I would not be surprised if it turns out to be as impressive as the 2010."
- 95 Punkte und "Cellar Selection" WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "A superb wine. Oily textured, very rich, its fruit ripe. Pear, honey and yellow fruits are allid with taut acidity and light hints of wood. Likely to age over many years."
- WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "Lilac, tar and cassis bush aromas are followed by a broad swath of mulled plum, black currant and maduro tobacco. The strong, mineral- and tar-filled spine drives through the finish, which picks up a smoldering edge. Drink now through 2018. 10,333 cases made."
- VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2008 Domaine de Chevalier is a vintage that I have tasted several times. Now at a decade old, it has retained a surprisingly deep colour. The bouquet is divine: pure blackberry and pomegranate aromas, cedar and cigar box, its floral element seeming to have receded in recent years. The palate is medium-bodied and appears to have softened since I last tasted it, the tannins now more melted (though not fully), delivering a mixture of red and black fruit tinged with burnt toast, tobacco and a touch of sous-bois and smoke towards the cohesive finish. You could begin opening bottles now although knowing the track record of this estate, I would leave them for another few years. (Tasted at the château and at BI Wine & Spirit’s annual vertical tasting.)"
- 94 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "Surprisingly shy on the nose, even at ten years of age - this can bed itself down for a few more years before really starting to open for business. Cabernet fruit dominates, dark in profile with layers of fine tannins, chewier and more classically-styled than some. It clearly shows why Chevalier can still go full-throttle in its third and fourth decades. Again, the slight lack of persistency tells you that this was not the hottest vintage, but it is full of classic menthol, cassis and charred oak, those tannins bouncing up to the finish. Drinking Window 2020 – 2032"
- RENE GABRIEL: "Sattes, dichtes Purpur mit lila Schimmer. Feinfruchtiges Bouquet, Wildkirschen, Himbeeren, ein Hauch Amarena und somit auch eine elegante Süsse zeigend. Eleganter Gaumen, seidige Textur, wunderschön balanciert. Ein beruhigender, fein strkturierter Wein mit klarer Ausrichtung für echte Domaine-de-Chevalier-Kenner. Vom Preisniveau her völlig unterbewertet."
- 95 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "A gorgeous perfume of blackcurrants, chocolate, tobacco leaf, and gravelly minerality emerges from the 2008 Domaine de Chevalier, which is a blend of 66% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, and the rest Petit Verdot and hit 13.5% natural alcohol. It’s broad, full-bodied, and seamless on the palate, and is a beautiful, beautiful wine that stretches out nicely on the finish. This is classic Graves! I love it today, and it has another 10-15 years of prime drinking (and I’m sure a gradual decline after that)."
- JAMES SUCKLING: "Just starting now to open, with bright fruit, light smoky and meaty undertones. Medium to full body, fresh finish. Drink or hold."
|René Gabriel:||18 RG|
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|James Suckling:||93 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||93 RPWA|
|Klassifzierung:||Grand Cru Classé de Graves|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||95 JD|
|Appellation:||Graves Pessac Leognan|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot|
|Reben:||Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Domaine de Chevalier, 102 Chemin de Mignoy, F-33850 Leognan, +33 5 56 64 16 16, www.domainedechevalier.com|