- 90-92 Punkte Robert Parkes WINE ADVOCATE, Neal Martin: "The 2015 Château de Ferrand is a blend of 80% Merlot, 12% Cabernet Franc and 8% Cabernet Sauvignon. It has a plump dark cherry and cassis-scented bouquet that is well defined and managed to control the exuberance of the Merlot. The palate is sweet and candied on the entry, but there is structure underneath and that Cabernet imparts an attractive graphite note, which comes through on the finish and aftertaste. This is one to look out for in bottle, because it has some class."
- 90 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "This delivers a direct beam of red and black currant paste flavors underscored by roasted cedar, tobacco and savory notes. Shows a sanguine echo on the finish. Slightly taut in feel overall, but with good length and focus. Best from 2020 through 2030. 10,833 cases made."
- 90 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2015 de Ferrand has developed nicely since I last tasted it. Succulent red cherry, blood orange, cinnamon, sweet French oak, cedar and new leather add nuance to the plummy, voluptuous fruit. Open-knit, silky and sensual in the glass, the 2015 has much to recommend it. This is an in especially juicy, open-knit style, and yet all the elements are in the right place. More importantly, the 2015 has gained a bit more volume and depth in its aging. My impression remains that de Ferrand could be an even more impressive and complete wine."
- 93-95 FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, opaker Kern, violette Reflexe, zarte Randaufhellung, attraktive Herzkirschenfrucht, ein Hauch von Lakritze, florale Noten. Saftig, rotbeeriger Touch, engmaschig, feine Tannine, angenehme Frische, mineralisch-salzig im Abgang, straffer Stil, gutes Potenzial."
- 94 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Aromas of attractive red flowers, black cherries, chalk and deep cedary wood. This wine has a super fresh and tight-knit feel to it. The palate is laced up tight with fine, smooth tannins. Reserved and elegant. Full of finesse. Best from 2022."
|James Suckling:||94 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||91 RPWA|
|Inhalt:||1,5 l Magnum|
|Klassifzierung:||Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||73% Merlot, 14% Cabernet Franc, 13% Cabernet Sauvignon|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Climate conditions The winter temperatures were close to normal or slightly below. Temperatures began to rise from mid-April through to May, when they fell again, accompanied by lots of rain. The weather was mild but very wet in June, cooling down again sharply in July. August brought normal temperatures, but more heavy rain, plus a hail storm that struck the region on 2nd August. Part of the vineyard was hit and we lost close to 15% of the harvest. September and the first half of October saw a number of rainy spells, with temperatures remaining close to normal. The vegetative cycle In April, vegetation growth got off to a good start as temperatures rose in mid-April, but the sharp chill in May slowed development down again to some extent. Flowering began late, with the Merlot vines first on 7th June, reaching their flowering mid-point on 15th June, then the Cabernet franc and finally the Cabernet sauvignon on 19th June. This was the latest any vintage has been since 1997. As the rain caused flower abortion and berry shot, prevention measures were required, with bud removal, leaf stripping and thinning between the end of June and mid-July. Harvests were completed from 1st to 8th October for the Merlots and on 9th to 10th October for the Cabernets. Tasting notes The 2013 vintage welcomes us with a beautiful bright red appearance with hints of pink. Its nose opens up to lovely notes of oak and spices, such as cinnamon and pepper. The wonderful freshness first comes though on the palate, with a touch of extra red fruit in the finish. A wine that would be very enjoyable both now and in the years to come, pairing pleasure with simplicity.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||CHATEAU DE FERRAND, Saint-Hippolyte, F-33330 SAINT-EMILION|